Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Flesh Hooks?
Old 14 May 2009, 11:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Flesh Hooks?

in an warrior brood do i need to equip them all with flesh hooks to get the bonus of going in initiative order when assaulting someone in cover or is it only needed for one/above avarage warriors to have?
Gobbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2009, 11:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Flesh Hooks?

Only the warriors with the flesh hooks will gain the bonus.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2009, 11:41   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
Only the warriors with the flesh hooks will gain the bonus.
so if i'm assoulting someone in cover only the one's with flesh hooks will strike in initiative order and the others will strike with initiativ 1 for first round combat?
Gobbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2009, 11:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yup

Old 17 May 2009, 23:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Actually, as far as I know, if you buy Flesh Hooks for one model in the brood, every model in the brood must have them. I'm pretty sure it's only the weapon symbiotes that can differ within the brood.
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 00:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

The broodlord can have them and his retinue not, or other way round, I think tyrant guard and warriors can mix and match them too.

Old 18 May 2009, 15:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
The broodlord can have them and his retinue not, or other way round, I think tyrant guard and warriors can mix and match them too.
I was only talking about the Warriors. For the Broodlord & Retinue things would resolve differently in CC anyway due to the fact he's an IC, and therefore counts like a separate distinct unit during CC resolution anyway.

I don't have my Codex in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the way it reads for Warriors is that the Weapon Symbiotes can be different but that other Bio-morphs are bought for the each model in the Brood - meaning they have to be the same across the entire brood while the weapons can actually be different.

Unless I've had it wrong all this time, I'd need to recheck the actual language in the Warrior entry.
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 15:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

You're correct, Tim, but it is a different case, as the Tyrant/Tyrant Guard and Broodlord/Genestealers are, in essence, seperate units when it comes to equipment. They work in the same way as any other 'Command Squad.'

You're right about the Warrior entry, Neza. The weapon symbiotes can be different, but the biomorphs must be the same. If one has Flesh Hooks, they all do. Same goes for Extended Carapace, or Winged, or Adrenal Glands, or anything else.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 22:19   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Remz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
You're correct, Tim, but it is a different case, as the Tyrant/Tyrant Guard and Broodlord/Genestealers are, in essence, seperate units when it comes to equipment. They work in the same way as any other 'Command Squad.'

You're right about the Warrior entry, Neza. The weapon symbiotes can be different, but the biomorphs must be the same. If one has Flesh Hooks, they all do. Same goes for Extended Carapace, or Winged, or Adrenal Glands, or anything else.
Is this only for Warrior broods?
Old 18 May 2009, 23:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Which part? The fact that they must have the same biomorphs throughout the unit? No, that is true for all Tyranid units save the unique situation of an HQ and its retinue. Gaunts, Genestealers, Rippers, you name them, all must have the same biomorphs.

In fact, the three units I just named are even more restrictive than Warriors; not only must the biomorphs be the same, but also the weapon-symbiotes, so no Devourers AND Spine Fists in the same Gaunt unit, for example. Warriors are allowed to mix up the weapons (or else using the VC or BS would be illegal...); it is only the biomorphs that must be present in the entire unit.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote