Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Heirophant
Old 02 May 2009, 18:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Heirophant

I just ordered one last night, I'm excited to get it for my Apocalypse games.
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2009, 00:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Heirophant

Bah, I'm so jealous of you and your goodies. Am I the only guy without a Heirophant now? :'(
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2009, 02:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nah, I don't have one either :P

Good for you Nez! Should look beautiful in your color scheme when you paint it up.
Old 03 May 2009, 02:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nice model, the heirophant. Make sure you give it the TLC it deserves, though, both in assembly and transport. I got one for my son about 1 1/2 years ago, and I regret admitting that it's "his toy, not mine." Resin is difficult to put together for the impatient, and not very forgiving if you goof. I recently took over maintenance of the model because it was initially posed poorly and wouldn't stand up solidly. I had to break the super glue joint on one leg to reposition it, which is NOT easy without destroying the rest of the model.

Make sure you wash the pieces thoroughly before trying to assemble them. Resin models, like the metals ones, come coated in an oil or something that makes it release from the mold more easily, but this stuff prevents superglue and paint from forming a good bond. Hot soapy water cleans it up nicely, but you do not want to skip that step.

EDIT: Sounds like you know what you're doing, which makes my warnings unnecessary, but I wanted to be reasonably sure nobody else ends up with a bio-titan that looks as bad as the one I'm currently dealing with!
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2009, 06:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I didnt even use glue for my Hierophant's legs - green stuff the joint all the way. There just wasn't a good connection surface to.

I still need to fix the tail; one of the 'chimneys' had a huge void under the surface at the tip. Also need to drill and base it properly.
Old 03 May 2009, 21:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nice, I can't wait to see that monster painted. I got a Valkyrie yesterday that will become a fighta bommah. I think it will be a while before I get a stompa, but its on my wishlist. Looks like our eldar friend is getting a Nightwing soon. All we'll need is a nasty daemon/necron super heavy and we'll be ready for apoc games.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2009, 22:17   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to megagnat1

Can you guys let me know the pro's and con's of each of the apoc creatures? I was thinking of getting one but I need your guys input! Thanks
Old 04 May 2009, 07:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by megagnat1
Can you guys let me know the pro's and con's of each of the apoc creatures? I was thinking of getting one but I need your guys input! Thanks
Well, it's too complicated a question for a simple answer. Start by spending some quality time with the Apocalypse datasheets for them and see which ones you might like to use. After that, poke around on forgeworld's website and see what they look like and what they cost. I can only say anything about the heirophant in action because its the only tyranid biggie that I've seen. It is a very big, very impressive model, and it puts out a LOT of fire from those biocannons. Unfortunately, it's so big and scary that the other side is determined to take it down. It usually goes down pretty early when the other side fires everything they have at it.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 17:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm not sure if this will be any help- My Trygon Tactica
I'll sumarise the 4 big beaties:
  • Heirphant- Only for use in Apocalypse; it'll be in combat turn 1 and gets to shoopt anything within 48" to dust (not invulnerable/ 2+ save things) even Baneblades
  • Barbed Heirodule- They're good value but die really easily; very good once in combat and when shooting- as i've said, dies easily
  • Scythed Heirodule- These beasts are brilliant in combat and also have a marine killing hellstorm weapon but are easy to kill
  • Trygon- Fragile but think of it like this; a big fex with scything talons that gets to deep strike...
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2009, 16:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It's finally arrived, I picked it up last night. It's going to be a thing of beauty, in the eye of me the beholder anyway, I'm hoping its a thing of fear and revulsion for my opponents.

Anyone know of a good place to get clear plastic rods? I'm realizing after seeing the consistency of the resin they use to make it, the legs are definitely going to need some under-girding support to hold up it's weight, so I'm probably going to need to shove a rod up it's middle and affix a supporting base underneath it. I don't want the base too big though, leaving the space defined by the models legs to be it's "base", so that I don't have trouble moving or placing it on the table (well, no more than a model that size is going to cause anyway).
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote