Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tactica Killing orks
Old 10 Apr 2009, 12:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to nidziller
Default Tactica Killing orks

My best tactic is to infiltrate with a broodlord and kill there warboss with him, but do NOT get into cc with a large mob of boyz. Do not concentrate on the massive amount of Boyz, instead kill their elites and HQ, getting lots of kill points. Don't go chasing after there tanks, they are not any good and will never hit you. The real range threats are lootas, tankbustas and war bikes. Sniff them out with gaunts and hormagaunts or any nearby genestealers. Hopefully you can win the game without getting killed by large mobs of orks. only assault them with gaunts if you outnumber them.

Please feel free to post any of your own tactics on killing orks.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 13:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Tactica Killing orks

Interesting advice, a bit general and broad though - a bit more specific detail would have been nice.

I know here I'm nick-picking a bit, but be careful with your grammar and spelling. Our spellchecker is back so don't be afraid to use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidziller
My best tactic is to infultrate with a broodlord and kill there warboss with him, but do NOT get into cc with a large mob of boyz. Do not concentrate on the mssive amount of Boyz,
<snip>
Sniff them out with gaunts and hormagaunts or any neary genestealers. Hopefully you can win the game without geting killed by large mobs of orks. only assaut them with gaunts if you outnumber them.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2009, 14:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

sorry about that my keboards dodgy.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 14:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

General Tactics

Orks are really tough in close combat even against armies that are close combat machines like Tyranids. You need to take this into consideration always. A good Tyranid player knows that any loss is an acceptable one as long as he is killing things! With Tyranids, you will almost always suffer some heavy casualties, but you must make the most of these sacrificial units. Throw the little guys at the opponent in an effort to stall the enemy while your larger units move into open fire lanes. Just remember to keep shooting. The number one concern you must have ... try very hard NOT to give Orks the charge. Watch your spacing and how you advance and deploy.

Carnifexes

Barbed Stranglers do wonders to mobs of Orks Boyz and the Nobz squad on bikes. So A Sniper fexes are good ... very good ... as they stop trukks, T7/2+ save Carnies are also good and only PK Nobz can reliably deal with them. However expect every mob to have just that. Even a cheap Boomfex is quite nice.

Warriors

Deathspitters are very good against Orks but keep them on your warriors along with Barbed Stranglers. ust to mention this again - Lash Whips on shooty warriors ( as warriors are inherently used for both shooting an assault anyway ) are great against Orks. Consider, depending on the Ork build either some Deathspitters for your squads. Also bear in mind wound allocation rules.

Spore Mines?

Spore Mines can hurt large mobs of ork boys and can DS. These can be quite good. Here is a unit that is quite Ork specific and often overlooked with its wacky rules ... revisit these guys against Orks.

Hive Tyrant

DevilRant ( w/ Lash Whip Guard ) will whittle down large mobs. You need the Lash /Whips. They are what makes this unit so strong against Orks. You could take a DevilFlyrant but I would use the walking shooting HQ.

Genestealers

Ensure the charge with Genestealers. I cannot emphasis this enough. Genestealers can charge Ork mobs and win combat but do not field small squads. As mentioned a Broodlord with a a large retinue can certainly hurt Orks.

Termagaunts and Hormogaunts

Termagants, with their S4 Fleshborers are really good against Orks and the same cost as a Boy. However, once charged the Orks will likely win. No problem. Give them WoN and bring them back. You need to know that There is no comparison between a Hormagaunt and an Ork boy. The Ork is superior in
nearly every way and also less points. Orks have the same WS, S, AS, number of attacks, better T and worse I, and have furious charge, the Waagh, numbers depedant fearlessness, and a shooting attack. They are also just over half the cost of a hormagaunt. Do not field Hormies!

This is just a start to a full blown discussion. Hope it helps.

bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2009, 18:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

nice advice, hey bone guard plese don't insult me, and what do you mean broad?
Old 10 Apr 2009, 19:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidziller
nice advice, hey bone guard plese don't insult me, and what do you mean broad?
Where do you see an insult?

By broad I mean very general, not specific. You touch many thing, but never go indepth to explain why you think this. So all we have is something very generic, which is not bad, but it's not very helpful either.

That's why, I suggested that you put in more detail. that you explain your reasoning behind your statement thus making your Tactica more useful to the other member.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2009, 20:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

(deleted to as not cause offense)
Old 10 Apr 2009, 20:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Perhaps he hasn't grasped the idea of writing out Tacticas yet, like how Canabebe structured his out, or like how other members do them, give him a chance, he'll learn.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2009, 20:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikeda
Am I the only non-mod to be annoyed by this person? A few very unspecific threads though varying forms. It's almost like they're trying to get their posts up. Besides this post, I am getting more angry because when you correct him, he gets all angry and defensive.

See:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=82014.0

Between these two posts and then the "What Tanid army" polls... seriously? He's been warned multiple times.
*Ahem* If you have a problem with a member feel free to PM myself or another Tyranid mod about the matter, but please don't openly state such opinions as this for public viewing.

I can understand your frustration, but not everyone is forum savvy when they first discover the wonders on the interwebs. I can certainly remember my first forum posts and posts regarding 40k many years ago, and they are well below the standard we have here. Jumping straight to conclusions and generalizations gets no where and you don't want to alienate new members. Instead we work with the member in question to improve their quality of posting and spelling and grammar if need be. Some need more work than others, it's just the nature of having a large public forum that attracts large variances in age groups.
Gada Mazaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2009, 08:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sorry bonguard I did not mean that in a bad way. I had had a bad day when I said that.