Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Reserve arriving Gaunts out of synapse- immune to instinctive behaviour???
Old 05 Mar 2009, 11:59   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Reserve arriving Gaunts out of synapse- immune to instinctive behaviour???

I know this probably sounds crazy but reading the BOB section on arriving from Reserves again I wonder if the above could be true?

The reason I post is because there is a paragraph in said section that very loosely goes along the lines of "Units arriving from reserve move on from their own table edge but ignore rules that might force them to move in a certain direction ("ie Rage" -is the stated example) or not move at all"

Has anybody else noticed this? and if so do you think that (for one phase only) the instinctive behaviour rules are ignored???
Kraken up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Reserve arriving Gaunts out of synapse- immune to instinctive behaviour???

The answer you seek is on page 2 of the tyranid forum in this thread: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=77135.0

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Reserve arriving Gaunts out of synapse- immune to instinctive behaviour???

As I recall though, you have to actually BEGIN the movement phase on the field in order to qualify for instinctive behavior (pg. 28, Ty Codex). Page 94 of the rulebook says you roll for reserves at the start of your movement phase so you would HAVE to roll to get the units on the field PRIOR to moving them but then that is no longer the beginning. To my understanding you would actually choose instinctive behavior options, THEN roll for reserves, then complete movement phase as normal.
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Or you could just go to that other forum post and get the info there. It's all the same :-)
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ikeda...no double post please, just edit your previous post (the forum setting is such that when you edit the thread is flagged as unread), you have been around this forum long enough to know it's rules.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:19   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
The answer you seek is on page 2 of the tyranid forum in this thread: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=77135.0
Thanks Boneguard, just the job! I thought it seemed a bit harsh to have gaunts routing (which they would, if your synapse had all run out of breath!) even before they arrived on the tabletop!!!!

Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

You are quite welcome.

Now if only we can get our search engine back...

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 21 Mar 2009, 17:37   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

It should say somewhere in the Nid codex, although you do have a good point. Thinking about it, you would probably have to make your gaunts lurk or something else.

Hope it helps!
The Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:39   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buddha
It should say somewhere in the Nid codex, although you do have a good point. Thinking about it, you would probably have to make your gaunts lurk or something else.

Hope it helps!
Thanks Buddha. Not sure if you can lurk your gaunts if they are not yet on the table though?- think I'm with the school of thought coming through the linked thread Boneguard drew to my attention above- i.e. that you ignore IB on the movement phase the gaunts arrive (but would be nice if GW FAQ-ed this to clear up!)
Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Don't really need a FAQ.

IB occurs before movement, IIRC. Reserve is at the start of movement.

So any creature who arrive from reserve on the movement phase are exempt of IB for that turn only since this phase has already passed before they arrived. However on the following turn if they are not near a synapse creature...you might be in trouble.

My ascension to GODHOOD