Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My army finally came!
Old 02 Feb 2009, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default My army finally came!

The army I ordered on Jan 6th finally came from GW. They seem to have problems shipping to APO addresses.

At any rate, I now have 3 Zoanthropes, 2 Fexes, a Hive Tyrant with wings, and 3 warriors to paint.

I also ordered 56 Hormagaunts from a bitz website but they sent me 56 Termagaunts instead! I emailed them and they said I could keep the Termagaunts and they will send me the Hormagaunts I ordered.

Unfortunately none of the sets come with 2 pairs of scything talons So if anyone has any extra for their fexes or the large ones that come with warriors let me know.

What should be on the docket for the next purchase? I was thinking of buying a Lictor or two and maybe a Broodlord and enough Genestealers for his retinue.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 17:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Re: My army finally came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
The army I ordered on Jan 6th finally came from GW. They seem to have problems shipping to APO addresses.

At any rate, I now have 3 Zoanthropes, 2 Fexes, a Hive Tyrant with wings, and 3 warriors to paint.

I also ordered 56 Hormagaunts from a bitz website but they sent me 56 Termagaunts instead! I emailed them and they said I could keep the Termagaunts and they will send me the Hormagaunts I ordered.

Unfortunately none of the sets come with 2 pairs of scything talons So if anyone has any extra for their fexes or the large ones that come with warriors let me know.

What should be on the docket for the next purchase? I was thinking of buying a Lictor or two and maybe a Broodlord and enough Genestealers for his retinue.
Why did your carnifex sets not bring talons?

And hehehe looks like you got really lucky with those free termagants. The hive mind has gifted thee.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 17:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Carnifex only came with one set of the Carnifex-sized talons each. So by combining them I only have enough talons to build one Fex. The MC-sized ones I'm using for my Tyrant, and the Warriors only came with one set of larger sized ones. Hopefully I can find people who don't need all the talons they have or I can just order more from bit websites.

Old 02 Feb 2009, 18:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

Quote:
The Carnifex only came with one set of the Carnifex-sized talons each. So by combining them I only have enough talons to build one Fex. The MC-sized ones I'm using for my Tyrant, and the Warriors only came with one set of larger sized ones. Hopefully I can find people who don't need all the talons they have or I can just order more from bit websites.
You live in the US?
Old 02 Feb 2009, 19:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
You can order the Warrior Monstrous Arms by sprue from GW: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1400032

I did that and bought 2 extra sprues of them for my latest box of Warriors, just because I so often field them as Rending / Scything CC, and I like the big talons better than the wimpy little ones for my brute squad. I'll probably end up buying more again next time I get a Warrior box too. I'll probably go with the smaller Talons and a normal carapace on my flying warriors squad (I've done extra EC & greenstuff on my leaping CC warriors to bulk them up and like the large monstrous arms on them to complete the look) when I get around to them.

Awesome luck on the Termagants though. You're almost getting an Apoc Endless Swarm (60 / 60 Gaunt / Hormagaunt) for half (or less maybe if it's from bitz - that and the package deal is not even being sold anymore).
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 20:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
You live in the US?
Normally, stationed in Germany at the moment but postage isn't very expensive to overseas military bases. Letters still only require one stamp.

Quote:
You can order the Warrior Monstrous Arms by sprue from GW: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1400032
That's quite expensive for just need 2 peices off the sprue I think I can probably order them as bits.

Old 02 Feb 2009, 20:44   #7 (permalink)
Francisco

If you sometime reach my army size, inform me so I can help you choosing funny things for apoca. And Maybe I will walk there to play a game vs yu ;D

Currently I got:

70 hormagaunts
130 gaunts (half spines half terma)
5 fexes
2 tyrants
3 guards
2 lictors
12 raveners
1 trygon
12 warriors
40 genestealers
1 broodlord
1 BArbed hierodule

Still I need to get +6 raveners, 2 scythed hierodules and a hierophant.
Still this will be on a far future
Until there I got a nice force, awesome for a titanic fight
Old 02 Feb 2009, 21:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have no plans on playing apoc, I'm going to keep my army at max 2k points.

Also have no plans for those Termagaunts, so I'll probably end up selling them to somebody.

Old 02 Feb 2009, 21:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nah, keep the termies. They were free, and you can ALWAYS use more gaunts in a proper Nid army :P Seriously, if they get some decent buffs in a future codex you'll be glad you had them. Can't go wrong with extra models...

As for next purchase, if you don't have any Genestealers yet you need them. I think they're really the strongest hitters in the current Nid list and are an awesome compliment to nearly any force. A Broodlord to go with them is a good purchase. I also love Lictors, they're very fun units too.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 22:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I definitely need some units to get ahead of the rest of the army by outflanking or deepstriking. My current list is just a straight horde list so I don't have anything to disrupt the enemy lines like a Broodlord or Lictor.