Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hive Fleet Luna Campaign Report 1 (90% Complete)
Old 16 Jan 2009, 02:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Hive Fleet Luna Campaign Report 1 (90% Complete)

Oh wow so today was what I like to call a beautiful day. After a series of bad games (Gas19d has got me stuck at 6 tied games vs him, 1 of them vs my tyranids and I lost 1 game nids vs eldar about a week ago and a proxy game of chaos daemons vs my necrons) I finally 'evolved' to the next level of Nidness.

I played two games vs a new Nid player at our store (well new to me I had never seen him before but he looked like an experience player all his models were top quality painted and everything, and he made very good use of the rules)

I had seen this player take out the store manager's Ork Army (of which he claimed he had been playing orks for 11 years) on tuesday so I challenged him to a game of Nids vs Nids (what better way to evolve the race than to consume each other and may the fittest survive and be made more of lol)

HIVE FLEET LUNA

HQ:
1 Broodlord @ 336 Pts
Feeder Tendrils; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature
11 Genestealers @ [253] Pts
Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

Elite:
1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Twin-linked Devourer (x2)
1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts
1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts

Troops:
7 Genestealers @ 140 Pts
Feeder Tendrils; Scuttlers; Rending Claws
7 Genestealers @ 140 Pts
7 Genestealers @ 140 Pts
7 Genestealers @ 140 Pts
7 Genestealers @ 140 Pts

Heavy Support:
1 Carnifex @ 125 Pts
Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Scything Talons (x2)

Total Roster Cost: 1500

HIVE FLEET BEHEMOTH
Ok there's 47pts missing here because I remade his list from memory I don't know where he spent the rest of his points.

HQ:
1 Hive Tyrant @ 209 Pts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Implant Attack; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Winged; Scything Talons (x2); Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field

Elite:
1 Lictor @ 80 Pts
Feeder Tendrils; Flesh Hooks; Rending Claws; Scything Talons
3 Warriors @ 123 Pts
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x2); Synapse Creature
1 Warriors @ [39] Pts
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler; Synapse Creature

Troops:
10 Genestealers @ 300 Pts
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Scuttlers; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons
12 Gaunt Brood @ 108 Pts
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Spinefists; Without Number
12 Gaunt Brood @ 108 Pts
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Spinefists; Without Number

Heavy Support:
3 Zoanthrope @ 195 Pts
Toxic Miasma; Synapse Creature; Warp Blast; Warp Field
1 Carnifex @ 165 Pts
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Twin-linked Barbed Strangler
1 Carnifex @ 165 Pts
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Twin-linked Barbed Strangler

Total Roster Cost: 1453

By this point as you can clearly see his Tyranids completely destroyed my plans to claim his objective. Where I started with 31 Genestealers and a Broodlord, I was only left with the Broodlord who had taken 2 wounds already fighting the renegade genestealer squad. The tides of war had greatly turned in his favor, in the turns that followed this would not change much as I left it to luck to provide me with some genestealers to fight back with. Unfortunately luck was not on my side my genestealer backup outflanked from the other side of the board. I set 2 of 3 units on his left side of the board to try to desperately fight my way through his zoanthrope and gaunts that were making their way to my objective and use the momentum to take down those Barbed Strangler fexes, meanwhile using my carnifexes to rush towards his objective in an effort to contest it. My remaining genestealer unit I used to secure my own objective which I placed on that exact corner for this exact purpose of easily capturing it with an outflanking unit.

This battle I had forseen to be a 100% draw-game. And perhaps it was my opponent's poor tactics or great ambition that lost him the game. As he rushed all his forces to stop my carnifexes from advancing he left his objective (maybe he forgot about the objective? I have no idea) in the end I won the game because he did not secure his after a 6 turn game.

Oh and his Tyrant schooled 2 elite fexes at once. and THEY charged HIM! I have now learned that Tyrant w/Implant Attack > Carnifex. A lesson well learned.

After I won that game he decided to challenge me to another game same armies different terrain, this time it was very open excellent for a shooty army (which is what he had). However I had now a great deal of knowledge about his army having played against it once before, and so my strategy was more on point this time around. I went straight for objectives this time not taking any risks and nearly wiped him out towards the end as I assaulted my way through everything and hugged the edges of the board.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 20:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Re: Hive Fleet Luna Campaign Report 1

The games I previously played of Nids vs Nids were great for me, allowing me to test out a 1500pt version of my 2000pt campaign list.

Then for the campaign I needed to place a marker to symbolize my army. I decided that my army marker should be a moon and because I suck at drawing I asked one of the guys at the store to kindly make me a marker of a crescent moon. The rules are as follows for the campaign:

1. You may only start in the campaign when there is an open spot at the bottom level (there's 6 levels i think, in the shape of a pyramid)

2. In order to move up a rank and advance to the next level you must either challenge a higher ranked player or one of equal rank when there is an open position at the level u wish to advance to.

So the bottom rank has 7 markers, one of them was empty and I was in the process of taking it so I may start playing however another guy one of the vets at the store named Jake brought in his marker already done and his army ready to join the campaign to which i quickly pointed out that I had dibs on the remaining spot and then the guys at the store seemed to simultaneously decide that we should duel for the last spot. And so my Nids were launched into their first campaign battle from the get-go vs the Orks.

HIVE FLEET LUNA
HQ:
1 Broodlord @ 224 Pts
Feeder Tendrils; Flesh Hooks; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Synapse Creature
6 Genestealers @ [138] Pts
Toxin Sacs +1 St; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

Elite:
1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts
1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts
1 Carnifex @ 113 Pts

Troops:
10 Genestealers @ 200 Pts

Heavy Support:
1 Carnifex @ 101 Pts
Scything Talons (x2)
1 Carnifex @ 136 Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Scything Talons (x1); Venom Cannon

Total Roster Cost: 2000

THE ORKS
This is what I estimate from memory, I'll see if I can get the actual list from him next time.
HQ:
1 Mega-armoured Warboss @ 100 Pts
Power Klaw; Twin Linked Shoota (x1); Stikkbombs; Mega Armour

Elite:
10 Lootas @ 150 Pts
Defffguns;

Troops:
29 Boyz @ 230 Pts
Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota (x3);
1 Boyz Nob @ [41] Pts
Power Klaw; Slugga;
11 Boyz @ 152 Pts
Choppa & Slugga;
1 Boyz Nob @ [46] Pts
Power Klaw; Slugga; Bosspole
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
Big Shoota (x1); Red Paint Job
11 Boyz @ 152 Pts
Choppa & Slugga;
1 Boyz Nob @ [46] Pts
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
11 Boyz @ 152 Pts
Choppa & Slugga;
1 Boyz Nob @ [46] Pts
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
10 Gretchin @ 45 Pts
Grot Blasta; It's a Grot's Life
1 Runtherd @ [15] Pts
Grot-Prod (x1); Slugga; Furious Charge; Squig Hound
3 Meganobz @ 235 Pts
Count as Troop Troops; Power Klaw; Twin Linked Shoota (x3); Stikkbombs; Mega Armour
1 Battlewagon @ [115] Pts
Deff Rolla; Red Paint Job

Fast Attack:
2 Deffkoptas @ 90 Pts
Choppa; Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha (x2); Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Mob Rule; Scouts; Deffkopta
1 Warbuggies @ 35 Pts
1 Wartrakk @ [35] Pts
Twin Linked Big Shoota; Trakk Units
1 Warbuggies @ 70 Pts
1 Warbuggy @ [35] Pts
Twin Linked Big Shoota; Red Paint Job
1 Warbuggy @ [35] Pts
Twin Linked Big Shoota; Red Paint Job

Heavy Support:
3 Killer Kans @ 165 Pts
Dreadnought CCW; Kustom Mega-Blasta (x3)
3 Killer Kans @ 165 Pts
Dreadnought CCW; Kustom Mega-Blasta (x3)

Total Roster Cost: 1741

Old 16 Jan 2009, 21:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Hive Fleet Luna Campaign Report 1 (80% Complete)

The game went pretty well for me, as my list of 5 carnifexes and 66 genestealers tore things up however I learned the great value of flesh hooks for once! lolz Too bad i can't change my list I have seem a really big flaw there now that I played a game in a heavily terrained board and had my opponent camp inside it to make me attack at initiative 1.

All in all the pressure was ON and this was perhaps one of the most exciting games i've ever had we used our own markers as the objectives playing a secure n control mission (kind of like capture the flag) to see which marker would make it into the campaign. Towards the end he had to leave and my own objective was completely secure yet his own was in question as I had 2 units of genestealers and 1 carnifex homing in on that position to challenge his authority. So being that it was turn 4 or 5 we theorized that his objective would be likely contested in the following turns and thus declared it a win for the Nids.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 04:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Hive Fleet Luna Campaign Report 1 (90% Complete)

Hooray for pictures! Very nice.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2009, 12:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

Good report, and lots of very nice pictures. +1.
Gada Mazaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2009, 12:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for sharing two very good reports, and the pictures too. Well Done!

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote