Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tyranid Assault Brood...?
Old 28 Oct 2008, 07:18   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tyranid Assault Brood...?

I'm ordering it for myself, for Christmas :P
So I was wondering how I should arm it, how I should equip them to play 1000 and 1500 point games? With the following in mind. The guys I play with would let me use different stuff then is shown on the models, but I still prefer playing wysiwyg. I was thinking of making all Sniperfexes, but I'm not sure about anything else, even the gaunts.

I'll be facing hordey Orks most often and also ordering a Hive Tyrant and Balrog Wings, he'll be equipped as so:
Winged, TS, LW and BS, ScyTal and Warp Field.

Thanks.
Ivellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 10:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Tyranid Assault Brood...?

You can magnetise Fexes.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 13:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Magnets are golden. I'm currently magnetizing everything that can be changed. The Carnifex is the easy choice, I've already started to magnetize my Warriors, and I'm also going to magnetize my Tyrant. While I haven't done it yet, I've considered magnetizing my Gaunts while I'm at it, just to make sure everything that can be magnetized is. I don't have plans to magnetize my Genestealers, though.

Drilling a hole and gluing a magnet is so easy and leaves you with so many options having done it I went as far as to put a magnet in the neck/head of my Warriors so I could change from the two-spike to the three-spike heads whenever I want to. Also, while I haven't done it I also plan to toss magnets in their feet, so I could change bases when I start to get into modeling different scenery on different bases.

If you don't want to use magnets you could attempt to use a pin to hold pieces on, or even get cheaper with some blue tack (sp) that would hold for a single game. Otherwise the only thing I can think of is modeling what you plan to play the most.
Xanzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 16:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanzar
Magnets are golden. I'm currently magnetizing everything that can be changed. The Carnifex is the easy choice, I've already started to magnetize my Warriors, and I'm also going to magnetize my Tyrant. While I haven't done it yet, I've considered magnetizing my Gaunts while I'm at it, just to make sure everything that can be magnetized is. I don't have plans to magnetize my Genestealers, though.

Drilling a hole and gluing a magnet is so easy and leaves you with so many options having done it I went as far as to put a magnet in the neck/head of my Warriors so I could change from the two-spike to the three-spike heads whenever I want to. Also, while I haven't done it I also plan to toss magnets in their feet, so I could change bases when I start to get into modeling different scenery on different bases.

If you don't want to use magnets you could attempt to use a pin to hold pieces on, or even get cheaper with some blue tack (sp) that would hold for a single game. Otherwise the only thing I can think of is modeling what you plan to play the most.
The man speaks the truth.

even tho i've never magnatized any of my nids I simply bought more n more to fit any situation, but i've done it with my chaos termies and it is definetly a heaven sent to be able to magnatize things.

Also try making your fexes with venom cannon and scything talons. this set up fits anti-tank and anti infantry rolls very well.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 20:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
You can magnetise Fexes.
Indeed you can.... CLICKY
77 is offline   Reply With Quote