Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Deep Strike Help
Old 08 Oct 2007, 04:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to RogueFox89
Default Deep Strike Help

Hey fellow Tyranid players.

I've always had some difficulty plotting my deep strike attacks. My main opponent is my roommate who plays a Tallarn Armored Division. I know I should focus on monsters to take most of the fire, but I feel that raveners would help to take out his masses of Iron Fist squads. Everytime I deep strike, my raveners just end up sitting around and getting blasted with heavy bolter fire. Does anyone have any tips as to the best ways I can play this out so none of my deep striking units will die before they get to do anything.

RogueFox89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 07:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Deep Strike Help

Well of course deep strike them behind your main infantry lines and allow them to advance with say your hormagaunts in this case it will be much more effective then sitting around waiting to die. Or you could change to lictors always a great deepstriker.
That Phyco Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

If you just deploy the Raveners with the rest of your army at the beginning, then the Raveners will be able to assault turn two usually. When you deep strike they can't assault the turn they show up so it's usually better not to deep strike them.
Devilgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 22:35   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yea, I guess I did underestimate the movement capabilities of ravener broods and lictors could offer an interesting take on things. My worry was still getting the jump on the squads without having to deal with criss-crossing fire lines of massed heavy bolters, but I guess having the raveners sprint for cover after deployment and then using a lictor to tie up units from hiding could deal with those infantry while my other monsters trudge up behind them.

Old 08 Oct 2007, 22:38   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Sorry >_< Double post

Old 09 Oct 2007, 05:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to whitestar333

What I love to do is take 3 individual broods of one ravener, so that way they won't ever waste their heavy bolter fire on one ravener. Plus, I can usually assault all three into the same unit anyway (and consequently take fewer losses because they have to spread out their attacks!) so it's a great way of getting those raveners into combat! Never underestimate the 12" charge
whitestar333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 17:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestar333
What I love to do is take 3 individual broods of one ravener, so that way they won't ever waste their heavy bolter fire on one ravener. Plus, I can usually assault all three into the same unit anyway (and consequently take fewer losses because they have to spread out their attacks!) so it's a great way of getting those raveners into combat! Never underestimate the 12" charge
I would agree.

If you are looking for Deep Strike support, Lictors or Spore Mines will do better for you because they can be immediately effective on the turn that they arrive.
77 is offline   Reply With Quote