Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Legio Biomecha Terribus [1000 Points, Unconventional]
Closed Thread
Old 22 Apr 2006, 04:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Legio Biomecha Terribus [1000 Points, Unconventional]

+++++ Start Vox Record +++++
'We are on the run, and require evacuation! A horde of what appear to be biomechanical... monsters... appeared from nowhere, and attacked us. These constructs are as deadly as they are heretical, Omnisiah protect us! Our expedition led us to ruins of a highly advanced laboratory of sorts, which led us to a number of both biological engineering systems and mechanical production mini-factories... but before we could investigate further, we were assaulted. Our current positio-.'
+++++ End Vox Record +++++

-- Last recovered transmission of Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator Team #3341.3

I had an insane idea recently - to build a combined Necron and Tyranid army, playable as either, based around converting the heck out of alot of models (one of my very-very-very long-term projects). I've effectively posted a duplicate introduction in both Tyranid and Necron boards for ease of refference, but with the appropriate list.

HQ:
Broodlord - 70pts
9 Genestealers w/ Extended Carapaces - 180pts

Troops:
10 Genestealers w/ Extended Carapaces - 200pts
10 Genestealers w/ Extended Carapaces - 200pts
5 Ripper Swarms w/ Leaping - 70pts

Elites:
2 Lictors - 160pts

Fast Attack:
3 Raveners w/ Scything Talons & Rending Claws - 120pts

Heavy Support:

Total: 1000 Points
Old 22 Apr 2006, 06:32   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: Legio Biomecha Terribus [1000 Points, Unconventional]

i would really like to know how this works. are you making half nid half cron models that count as different things or what?

Old 22 Apr 2006, 15:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Pretty much, yes - I'm taking Necron and Tyranid models, and converting-splicing them together into bizare bio-machines... allowing me to field them as either a Necron or Tryanid army.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 17:56   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

i like that idea seems like it could save you quite a bit of money, oh and i just thought of a conversion for the HQ a Necron inside of a Hive tyrant but kind of hal out, or maybe the spine thing as the necron lord piece, i really need to write some of these ideas down :P

Old 23 Apr 2006, 23:56   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The list is good for 1000 points, it has a nice about of stealers with that all important Carapace. What will kill you is not being able to infiltrate with the Broodlord and Tanks. Also something I hear often is to split raveners into 3 broods of 1 instead of 1 brood of three. That way shooting won't ruin the squad, you will never be below 50% strength because you are 1 model and it allows for more variable depolyment.

When you go up in points you will need anti-tank and you will need some swarms of Guants (probably w/ Spine Fists) or Hormagaunts. You need the extra bodies to help keep your stealers covered and you need to model count also to intimidate and my your opponent hesitat. He will have to choose between 10 Genestealers or 16+ Guants of some breed.

Nice idea with the Necrons by the way, hope it works out for you.
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
Old 08 May 2006, 01:01   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Nice list (not sure how the conversions will work)

However I strongly advise to get rid of the extender carapace on the stealers (I am getting sick of telling people this)

They donít need them it in assault and if they get shot down it wonít save them anyway

Spend the points on some ranges skimmer killing weaponry, if you donít do this someone with a land speeder or a dark elder ravager will rip through your army and you wont be able to do a thing about it (6ís to hit in cc are very bad)

Can "crunch" numbers. Message if needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzhimself
Dude, very nice! I am impressed. All that number crunching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuenglingdragon
Dimand, you are a number crunching extraordinaire.
Old 08 May 2006, 01:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to akthomas89

I agree with dimand - this many stealers doesn't call for extended carapace. Also, I say this in awful lot as well - but a warp blast never hurts. Synapse isn't necessary in this list, perhaps dropping a lictor in favor of a zoanthrope with warp blast and either no extra power, or a situational power like catalyst could serve you well and give you a ranged way to tear apart even the biggest of tanks.
Old 08 May 2006, 01:53   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I don't know how exactly, but if you can somehow make a 'fex that sports a monilith's weapons and possibly has a steeler/n.warrior coming out of it to show the telepotation, I think that could help get the fell of biomech. creatures. I did start to do something simmilar but it was tau and orks, didn't work too well but I use the orcs as my auxilery troops.

Good luck!

---G
Closed Thread