Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 List ideas
Old 17 Jun 2011, 23:59   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 2000 List ideas

Hi There

I'm hoping to get some advice on making a viable list, I've been going through the codex and have made 2 base lists with variants . Any thoughts on the lists / variants would really be appreciated, thanks

The spore based list

The Parasite of Mortrex

3 Zoanthropes
Mycetic Spore, cluster spines

2 Zoanthropes
Mycetic Spore, cluster spines

20 Hormagaunts
Toxin Sacs, Mycetic Spore
cluster spines

20 Hormagaunts
cluster spines

20 Hormagaunts
cluster spines

20 Hormagaunts
cluster spines

Doom Of Malan'tai
Mycetic Spore , cluster spines

20 Gargoyles

Mawloc

Mawloc

Here I'm going for a turn 2 mawlocs doing their aoe attack in the enemy army at 1 side, the winged units moving down the same side, and the spores arriving as they do hopefully where I want them, again all concentrated towards 1 side, the spores can shhot as they land. The idea being to get and keep the player off balance.

Thoughts here are to maybe drop the shooting upgrades on the spores and buy an extra zoanthrope, swap out the gaunts for genestealers and maybe drop doom for a deathleaper for the +1 reserve rolls and the -2ld on an enemy id..

The running list

The Parasite of Mortrex 160

Tyranid prime 95
Scyth Talons, Boneswords+Whip

3 Hive Guard 150

2 Hive Guard 100

2 Venomthropes 110

5 Shrikes 250

5 Warriors 225

20 Termagants 100

20 Hormagaunts 160
Toxin Sacs

20 Hormagaunts 160
Toxin Sacs

25 Gargoyles 150

Mawloc 170

Mawloc 170

Same tactics for the mawlocs and winged units, the other units though are moving by foot down the board, the venomthropes are there purely to give a cover save to the units as they advance. Rather than anti tank being zoanthropes in this list it is hive guard, with a prime there as synapse coverage for them.

I simply don't like warriors too much so would be tempted to either swap out the warriors / shrikes for tervagons ( with 2 units of termagants to make them troops ) or again bring in some genestealers instead of the gants / gaunts / warriors / shrikes.

I would have liked either a harpy in the 1st list or a tyranofex in the second but I am not sure either are worth their points cost compared to other units I can get.

Again thanks in advance for any info on if either of these lists are viable, and if the changes I mentioned would improve them or not.

p.s

Yes the Parasite and Mawlocs ( Trygons maybe ) are parts of the list that I realy do like
malikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2012, 16:01   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Definitely drop the Doom of Malan'Tai as one failed save from one of Krak missile or Lascannon or Lance Weapon or Melta and its insta-kill. Use the 90 points to take an extra Zoanthrope and turn one of your Mawlocs into a Trygon.

Army 2 I don't have much to say abut as I haven't used much of that list but my army seems to be doing ok. I pretty much tabled a Red Scorpion player in a 1750 match (he had 1 razorback left)
tomvde85 is offline   Reply With Quote