Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tyranid 1850 army list
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tyranid 1850 army list

Hi everyone
I play WH40K just for a half year.
I made a 1850 tyrnaid army list, but I am not sure, if it can be cometitive.
Could somebody post here some opinion?

HQ

The Parasite of Mortrex

Hive Tyrant + wings + lashwhip and bonesword + twinlinked devouress with brainleech worms + old adversary + hive commander + life leech + paroxyzm

Elites

3x hive guard

2x zoanthrope + mycetic spore

Doom of Malanītai + mycetic spore

Troops

2x tyranid warriors + scything talons + devourers
1x tyranid warrior + scything talons + venom cannon

24x hormagaunts + toxin sacs

8x genestealers + scything talons

15x termagants + fleshborers

Fast Attack

20x gargoyles + toxin sacs + adrenal glands

Heavy Support

1x Trygon Prime + regeneration

Genestealers and Hormagaunts would be outflanking, doom and zoanthropes in spores, tragon prime, tyrant and gargoyles with parasite deepstriking
Corgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Tyranid 1850 army list

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Must say i quite like the list, but i think one thing you could change would be the parasite of mortex.
Its a nice special character but in this list i can't see the point in him. your tyrant is winged so he'd go with the gargoyles so i just think your points would be better spent on a tyranid prime and a couple of extra warriors to make their brood more menacing.

well thats my opinion.
Vs Orks: W4 L1 D1
Vs Eldar: W3 L1 D0

Tyranids Record
Vs Space Marines: W7 L1 D1
Vs Orks: W5 L2 D2
mixer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2010, 22:15   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks.

It is a dilema for me, if I should take the Parasite. I think he is quite expensive, but then I came an idea to me that it could work together with gargoyles and hive tyrand. The parasite could ensure synapse for the gargoyles if the tyrant would be killed before they could have a chance to charge the enemy. On the other hand, tyrant would provide preferred enemy for both gargoyles and rippers. Combined with paroxyzm they could cause more hits. However, there is a problem that hive tyrant has to survive the round, in which rippers are spawned (another problem - if any would be spawned). More things have to happen the righ way.

Probably you are right, maybe I could really switch the parasite for tyranid prime and two warriors. Or would not be better more genestealers with broodlord?
Old 14 Jun 2010, 06:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i see what you mean about the PoM but the between the trygon prime, tyrant and warriors i'd say you should be ok for synapse seeing as the tyrant keeps them under control en route, then if he did die, by then you should be in range of either the warriors also advancing or the trygon prime when he pops up out of the ground.

Yor stealers are pretty solid as they are and you can always upgrade one to a broodlord without buying the model as per the codex, you could get the points for it from either only taking 2 hive guard instead of 3, and/or ditch regen from the trygon. i love stealers but the issue is their points cost and i always find it hard to decide what to lose from the list to afford more.

But i definately think PoM isn't needed, but is nice so based on that i'd take a prime and extra warriors instead. But thats me, PoM might work well for you.

What do you think?

Tyranids Record
Old 14 Jun 2010, 14:38   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

OK I will drop the parasite, regeneration from trygon prime and acid blood from tyrant(which i forgot to write here). One genestealer will I upgrade to broodlord, take 2 DS warriors and tyranid prime with DS and a pair of boneswords. It is 1851 points.
I was just sceptical about the tyranid warriors, because I was using 2 broods of 3 warriors, one shooting and one CC. They were almost all the time killed by large blasts that caused instant death or another massive shooting that ignored armor saves. Mostly I played against imperial guard (often killed by plasma guns, leman russ) and chaos daemons (by large blast from soulgrinder or AP4 shooting from pink horrors).
So I do not know, how good are warriors against another armies. This army list I have not tested yet, but I never won against chaos daemons.
I have to cut the rending claws from two of my warriors and magnetise them.

So here is my corected army list:
[hr]
HQ:

HQ1
Tyranid Prime + pair of Bone Swords + Deathspitter
95 pts

HQ2
Hive Tyrant + wings + lashwhip and bonesword + twinlinked devouress with brainleech worms + old adversary + hive commander + life leech + paroxyzm
295pts
[hr]
Elites

Elite1
3x hive guard
150pts

Elite2
2x zoanthrope + mycetic spore
160pts

Elite3
Doom of Malanītai + mycetic spore
130pts
[hr]
Troops

Troops1
4x tyranid warriors + scything talons + devourers
1x tyranid warrior + scything talons + venom cannon
185pts

Troops2
24x hormagaunts + toxin sacs
192pts

Troops3
7x genestealers + scything talons
1x Broodlord
174pts

Troops4
14x termagants + fleshborers
70pts
[hr]
Fast Attack

20x gargoyles + toxin sacs + adrenal glands
160pts
[hr]
Heavy Support

Trygon Prime
240pts
[hr]
Together 1851 points
Old 14 Jun 2010, 14:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I personally really like the look of it now.

To answer your question about the warriors, as long as the tyranid prime is with them they benefit from using his stats instead of their own, which makes them all the more better so it may be worth combining the warriors into one big brood ready for CC a your zoans and hive guard have the shooty aspect covered. also the only things that will require synapse are the terms because don't forget your stealers don't need it and i'd personally have the horms jumping out of the trygons hole, this will grant synapse to them from the trygon prime and even if he's not close enough or dead, the enemy should be so its not and issue.

Regarding them getting mashed all the time. if you play the DoM right, jumping out of its spore where it can do most damage, you should get the desired effect. The DoM is basically a walking bullet magnet, no enemy can ignore it because of the chaos it will cause if they do. therefore most of his big firepower will be brought to bear against it, leaving the rest of the horde, including the warriors ignored for 1 turn at least. Use this tactic wisely and march the rest of the army as quickly as you can accross the battlefield and tie him up in CC. this way you can let your army do what it does best, munching everything in its way, and if DoM was successful you should have near enough full numbers to do it with.

Tyranids Record
Old 16 Jun 2010, 21:19   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for advices
I will try it this or the next weekend.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:01   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

So I tried this list with etended for one extra warrior and genestealer (1900). The game was against chaos daemons. The daemons werw winners. In reseves vere kept hormagaunts, zoanthropes, doom of malanītai, trygon prime and hive tyrant. He got soulgrinder, lord of change, bloodthirster, pink horrors, bloodcrushers (i think 7), bloodletters, nurgle daemon prince, fiends of slaanesh. Soulgrinder came in the first turn. He was keeping a distance from me and shooting. So were killed most of termagants and gargoyles. When my zoanthrope came, they shot the soulgrinder, bud didnīt harm him. Then they were killed. Therefore i kept my warriors and hive guards in wood. Outflanking hormagaunts were charget by bloodletters and bloodcrushers, some bloodletters and one bloodsrusher died, bud hormagaunts were totally destroyed. Doom of malanītai killed some bloodletters and one bloodcrusher, but then he was charget by both of them and the bloodthirster. After two rounds he was killed. Hive tyrant and trygon prime deepstriked on the other side of battlefield, to be far from armor ignoring khorne daemons. They were near daemonettes and lord of change. Some daemonettes were killed, but were out of reach of paroxyzm. They were charget by daemonettes and lord of change, the next round even by fiends of slaanesh. few daemonettes werw killed and one fiend, but then both of my monstrous creatures died. Genestealers utflanked from the wrong table edge, so tey dat to walk through half of the battlefield. Then warriors were charget by bloodcrushers and bloodletters. Genestealers rached the close combt two, but their numbers were reduced by soulgrinder. My tyranids killed some khorne daemons, but tey lost the combat. Even with hive guads i didnīt have succesfull throws. Daemons had very good saving throws.
Maybe against chaos daemons I have to make different army list. Their power weapons are doom for my monstrous creature. Woul it be a good idea, to use some biovores?
I tried also some lesser games and one game 3 vs 2. Hive tyrant always died in the turn he came, or the next turn after he was charget. Is he worth taking for his points? I know I made him very expensive, but without wings he would be slover and couldnt deepstrike, so he should be killed ind the first turn and the reserve bonus would be lost, and he would nod provide synapse fo gargoyles (but hey were mostly killet before they went out of reach of the warriorīs synapse). I very like his psychic powers, bu I havenīt many chances to use them.
Wouldnīt it be better to use tervigon? Pity, that it would need a lot of termagants with fleshborers (most of mine have spine fists)
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sounds like a bad day at the office mate.

He played to his strengths and your weaknesses, keeping you at arms length for as long as possible then using power weapons in CC. i've personally never used biovores so couldn't comment. One way to help counter the ranged combat is to create a screen of cheap units to spare your CC fighters until they can charge. 2 ways to do this, as u said a tervigon is an option spewing out termagants all over the place, and could be used as a HQ choice instead of your tyrant, freeing up enough points add an extra termagant brood, or maybe strengthen your stealer numbers. i'd also be tempted to ditch the gargoyles in favour of more horms and warriors. IMO nid strength comes from CC prowess combined with weight of numbers, which is why my army is troop heavy, consisting of lots of horms and stealers, using terms and DoM as screens to protect thier numbers for as long as possible so they can assault with as many bods as possible.

I think your best bet is to strengthen your troop numbers.

Tyranids Record
Old 30 Jun 2010, 09:41   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Can termagants provide cover for warriors? I used a termagant screen in above mentioned game, but my oponent said, that a termagant does not cover a half of the warrior, so it could not provide a cover.