Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tyranid 1850 army list
Old 30 Jun 2010, 10:46   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Tyranid 1850 army list

Your mates right, not for warriors but they can for horms and stealers. 14 terms isn't really enough for screening purposes, i'd say you'd probably need double that. warriors would need to utilise terrain for cover or get in behind the zoans when they turn up.
Vs Orks: W4 L1 D1
Vs Eldar: W3 L1 D0

Tyranids Record
Vs Space Marines: W7 L1 D1
Vs Orks: W5 L2 D2
mixer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 11:13   #12 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

One friend told me, that maybe it coul be good to put bonesword warriors with prime into mycetic spore. Im not sure, if it is worth that points. It is 40 for every warrior plus 40 for spore.
About the genestealers : you think, that it is better to deploy them normally, then via outflank or infiltration?
Corgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 11:16   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

No, i meant that terms provide cover for models the size of stealers and horms, i'd never deploy stealers normally.
Vs Orks: W4 L1 D1
Vs Eldar: W3 L1 D0

Tyranids Record
Vs Space Marines: W7 L1 D1
Vs Orks: W5 L2 D2
mixer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2010, 00:04   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

In regards to cover, page 21 of the rulebook does indicate that to receive a cover save the model only needs to be partially covered. Page 16 clarifies that the models head, arms, torso and legs all count for this. Therefore, a gaunt screens are viable for cover saves on warriors. You may be thinking of monstrous creature cover saves which require half the model to be covered to get a cover bonus.

The hive tyrant on the other hand will end up being a huge fire magnet in a list with only 2 monstrous creatures. I would recommend perhaps another trygon or harpy, however, with all the points you've invested in him and all his great abilities, he's going to get as many guns as it takes or multiple assaults afterward to bring him down as fast as possible, which won't be too hard for a w4 t6 creature with a 3+ save and no invulnerable.

I like the way the list is coming out though. A few tweaks and I can see you re-matching those daemons and coming out on top.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2010, 15:29   #15 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Just a couple of comments for you on the list you put together Corgon,

I have found that deepstriking/outflanking elements of a Tyranid force into play can be problematic. If you have very weak broods or isolated units left in normal deployment while your powerfull broods are in reserves, the enemy won't have much of a problem eliminating the few, soft targets or concentrating on the isolated ones in the turn(s) it takes for your reserves to arrive.

Then, when your reserve broods DO arrive it is possible they willbe scattered or not show up in the same turn. Without your other broods around to distract the enemy, provide cover or supporting fire/assaults, the newly arrived broods will suffer a similar fate of being isolated & concentrated upon.

Although not always the case, it seems to be a common failure in these type of lists. Depending on the conditions being all 'just right' doesn't work very well especially if your opponent is not obliging in lettig your plan come to fruition!

I'm not saying to avoid using an army list of reserve broods, but it seems a better tactic is to go all the way OR vary sparingly in this way. Either putyour ENTIRE army in reserves or only use very specific broods to strike from there.

With your list I'd say a good tactic may be to have the DoM, Zoans & Genestealers in reserves while the entire rest of your army walks on normally. Use the Hormagaunts & gargoyles to protect your Tyrant & Warriors, wlaking them into the fray. Genestealers outflanking are awesome, even if they come from the wrong side they are objective holders & generally scary to opponents. This will let you have a bulk of your forces & big-hitters on the table to draw fire & cause the enemy to account for while also giving you some time for potent units to pop into play. The Zoans & Stealers (and DoM) will get along much better if the opponent has a Tyrant, Hormies, Gargs & Warriors still on the table coming right at him to worry about!

I hope this helps!
Rockit is offline   Reply With Quote