- Adrenal Glands

Heavy Support 3: Trygon - 235 points
- Regeneration
- Adrenal Glands

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1847 [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Notes: Trygons will be walking, not deep striking. Genestealers will be infiltrating. Both primes will begin with the warrior unit for wound allocation abuse if needed, one warrior (Most likely the melee) will be prepared to separate to help nearby units assault if necessary (I.E. Gaunts and BS/LW prime together to put enemies at I1). Hormagaunts will follow the trygons/shift movement as needed to acquire targets.
TraceofToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 05:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: Tournament list, 1850, Sat Feb 27

Take out the Termagants, they're useless with the list you are running right now. Get more hormagaunts or something, anything.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to TraceofToxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezy Panda
Take out the Termagants, they're useless with the list you are running right now. Get more hormagaunts or something, anything.
Not at all. They are for objectives.
TraceofToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 12:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

It's not a bad list but it really lacks good antitank. You can argue the trigons are the antitank method, even with 7 attacks and fleet. An good player would keep his tanks back. But for those who don't realise how deadly trigons are to tanks they will find out. The trigons threat range of 13-18 inches would be better utilized in deep striking than walking forward.

The genestealers coming on the outflank isn't bad cause you can try to hit rear armour. With my witch hunter list once I take out the trigons which I can kill 1-2 a turn than the only thing I have to worry about is the two warriors and genestealers but with 7 heavy flamers I doubt it would be an issue.

I think some range antitank would help out against armies with tanks IMO. But like I said earlier the genestealer outflank should keep tanks in the middle of the board. While your Trigons advance up the middle reaching the tanks in turn 3 or turn 2 if you're luck and they have the tanks on the deployment line. But I run 12 vehicles so I'll be blocking line of sight upon myself.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 14:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
It's not a bad list but it really lacks good antitank. You can argue the trigons are the antitank method, even with 7 attacks and fleet. An good player would keep his tanks back. But for those who don't realise how deadly trigons are to tanks they will find out. The trigons threat range of 13-18 inches would be better utilized in deep striking than walking forward.

The genestealers coming on the outflank isn't bad cause you can try to hit rear armour. With my witch hunter list once I take out the trigons which I can kill 1-2 a turn than the only thing I have to worry about is the two warriors and genestealers but with 7 heavy flamers I doubt it would be an issue.

I think some range antitank would help out against armies with tanks IMO. But like I said earlier the genestealer outflank should keep tanks in the middle of the board. While your Trigons advance up the middle reaching the tanks in turn 3 or turn 2 if you're luck and they have the tanks on the deployment line. But I run 12 vehicles so I'll be blocking line of sight upon myself.
It depends whether you should keeping transports and rhinos full of other things back sort of makes those transports useless. How do you know the condition.What about in deployment the tank

I say drop a trygon and get two broods of two hive guards and then 35 points left to spend which can give you more gaunts. Or you could get a larger warrior brood. That would give you some tank popping ability although less fear from three trygons but still more reliable anti-tank for popping transports and you still would have two trygons.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 16:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'd like to see some Zoanthrope or Hive Guard in here. You're really going to want something that can pop transports, to ensure you can cripple mech armies quickly, and the Zoanthropes are nice for those big nasty vehicles (though Hive Guard can do well on lighter ones, if you leave the big vehicles to your Trygons).

Overall though, it looks good, and it should be enough of a variation on "typical" Nid lists to throw your opponent off. Not many people are going to expect those Trygons to be slithering up the board towards them.

Good luck at your tournament tomorrow! I have one myself :P
Old 26 Feb 2010, 17:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think this list is alright, I mean yea its lacking antitank, but that hammerhead in the corner won't be able to chunk through a trygon all game, sure it can hurt gaunts but you have a ton. Adding Hive Guard I don't think is needed, any transports competing for objectives will eventually run into a trygon, which may prove fatal.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 17:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

But 12 twin linked lascannons can eat a trigon pretty quickly. Also the same for 5 assault cannons. But the only threat from tau would be crisissuits which the genestealers are other fleet models can eventually get them. I agree on the guard or zonatorpe options. I've played against nids that didn't have range anti-tank and it was pretty bad. He killed like 6 guard the whole game. 2 exorcist can kill a trigon. So can several lascannons, rocket launchers, melta, multi-melta, and plasma. He will have problems if hrs facing a heavy tank army that is geared for anti-tank. More range attacks would help out a lot against mechanized forces.