Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

TO noob's 1500pt tourny list
Old 09 Dec 2008, 05:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Alphatwitch
Default TO noob's 1500pt tourny list

hey guys, i'm new to TO here (just joined today!), so i thort i'd say hi to the tyrinid community and post up my current 1500pt tourny/all comers list, which i have had a LOT of success with lately! i've made a few recent changes to it lately, but i feel i need to drop the 2nd combat fex to a sniper/dakka fex.

any thorts??

hive tyrant, enhanced senses, 2x twin linked devourers, toxin sacs, 121pts
2 tyrant guards 90pts

Broodlord, extended carapace, feeller tendrills 83pts
6 geenstealers, extended carapace 120pts

5 warriors, deathspitters, rendering claws, extended carapace 155pts
Lictor 80pts

20 spinegaunts 100pts
20 spinegaunts 100pts
15 spinegaunts 75pts
14 spinegaunts, WON 112pts

Zoanthrope
Synapse Creature, warp blast 65pts

Zoanthrope
Synapse Creature, warp blast 65pts

carnifex, crushing claws, scything talons, adrenal glands, regenerate, reinforced chitin 167pts
carnifex, crushing claws, scything talons, adrenal glands, regenerate, reinforced chitin 167pts
Alphatwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2008, 16:04   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: TO noob's 1500pt tourny list

Alright, first off, the word is thoughts...thoughts. I don't know what Thorts is, but I assume it's suppose to be thoughts.

Secondly, I'd say your instincts are correct. You can probably get by without a dakkafex, but a sniperfex (or gunfex as I like to call it because hit can't hit sh*t) is a pretty important anti-armor unit. The venom cannon is still awesome at making your opponents vehicles not able to shoot. Keep in mind, this also works against bunkers. By making him a gunfex you also save a few points for more gaunts as you won't need as many defensive biomorphs.

The other carnifex...I've never had much luck with crushing claws. It seems that's always the time I roll a one. But, if you're having success with it then keep it. I just prefer to run it with x2 scything talons because I like to have the reliability.

Oh, and welcome to TauOnline. I'm pretty new here myself.
FuzzyTumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2009, 03:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

Kk lets see your tyrant is ok, not my cup of tea but he'll work and earn his points back.

the broodlord however, needs to remove the carapace and add toxin sacs. and the genestealers need to remove the carapace and add scything talons. The unit will still cost the same points.

you CAN remove extended carapce on all the warriors since they are shooty warriors it should be very very easy to keep them in cover and save yourself the points spent on EC to buy more gaunts or something.

I honestly do not recommend the combat only fex, venom cannons can come in very useful but if crushing claws is your cup of tea go for it but please please remove regenerate! this is the worst biomorph ever ridiculously expensive and almost never useful.

Good luck!
Old 31 Jan 2009, 09:39   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

You could try givin one of the fexes a Tusked mouth/head thingy
Old 31 Jan 2009, 14:30   #5 (permalink)
Francisco

If you facing IG, forget the regeneration, its rather better have T7, to ignore all those lasguns and close combat stuff and focussing on the tanks.
Tusked its a quite interesting upgrade (get+2 on the charge) This is only worth if you know youre the one who charges and not be charged by.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 18:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco
If you facing IG, forget the regeneration, its rather better have T7, to ignore all those lasguns and close combat stuff and focussing on the tanks.
Tusked its a quite interesting upgrade (get+2 on the charge) This is only worth if you know youre the one who charges and not be charged by.
He should forget the regenerate period! on the carnifexes this is the single worst upgrade ever...ok...3rd worst, symbiote rippers/thornback are completely useless atm.
Old 04 Feb 2009, 17:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

regenerate is really good if you tend to roll a lot of 6's. i've seen people down to one wound almost back to full health. if you can't roll a six than it's a waste of points. if you roll 6 all day than it's broken.
Old 04 Feb 2009, 18:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, statistically speaking you're only going to roll 6's for Regenerate ~17% of the time, probability being what it is you might end up with streaks, but over time things should average out. I won't call it a worthless upgrade because it does have some value... that said, in my personal opinion its a horribly inefficient point expenditure for what you get. I tried it a few times, and came to the conclusion I will never use it again myself.
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2009, 17:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I can't believe you 2 are actually vouching for "Regenerate" as useful.

Come on guys...we all know that it's a worthless upgrade. It's worthless simply because it's ridiculously costly and the benefit is minimal.

"If you tend to roll a lot of 6s" .... I don't buy that at all unless you are clearly cheating or have a Gameshark attached to your hip, I don't see how anyone can 'reliable' nail 6s for regenerate.

Oh and the best part about this upgrade is...if your opponent chooses to ignore your carnifex, then you have paid 30 points of absolute nothingness.

I honestly don't think that this particular biomorph's usefulness should even be debated. I mean sure i've tried to make use of it several times and have been completely disappointed each time so I do recommend everyone thinking about using it to take it and try it on their own to understand the value of it's uselessness.

And yes I have had horrible luck with it but statistically there is NO WAY of having 'good' luck or even 'averaging out' in the long run it just does NOT happen. I have yet to meet 1 person that takes regenerate on their fexes all the time as a reliable biomorph. Let's face it that thing is just there for fluff without any actual usefulness same as symbiote rippers.

So remember next time you even consider taking Regenerate.
1. You only regenerate on a roll of 6.
2. You get 1d6 for every wound lost. In other words your fex needs to be injured, the more injured he is the better the chance to regenerate. (why would you even want an injured fex???)
3. It is horribly and i do mean HORRIBLY expensive compared to everything else you can have. And not even half as useful.
4. Works best when coupled with Reinforced Chitin.
5. This ability is affected by the length of the game. The longer the game lasts the 'better' it's potential becomes however the opposite also applies.
6. Your opponent can always choose to either ignore said fex making the ability even more useless, or focus fire and take it out before it even has a chance to use it. In both cases you end up paying 30 points and gaining nothing. You could get urself a warrior with those points.
Old 05 Feb 2009, 23:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

well every time I used it the abilty helped. for 30 points I personaly rather have more men on the board. but I run cheap fexes and tyrants. anyway a 5 wound fex with regenerate is hard to kill. I had my fex last longer by getting 2-3 wounds back during the course of the game. I would like to say the ability has kept my carnifex on the board a lot longer than normal. but with the mentality you're taking why take rending on warriors. you need a six to rend. 3 fexes with regenerate you're bound to get a few wounds back.