Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

City Fight Buildings
Old 07 Aug 2007, 01:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default City Fight Buildings

Okay so I'm starting one of (what I hope to be) four large centerpieces for my groups new gaming table. For the first one I'll be constructing a foundry that has fallen into disrepair and recently come into use by the Emperor's Children and Thousand Sons. The bulk of this piece will be made with the City Fight buildings on a Masonite base.

I was wondering if any here has assembled the city fight terrain GW sells? and if they have any pointers.

Attached below is a pic of all the buildings I have received in the mail today for reference. (it feels like Christmas, ya know except for the fact that I had to pay for it. so i guess it's nothing like Christmas...)

[/img]
And my body that crouches in the shadow.
I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet,
That dances to my tune.

Karazantor the Vile,
The Traitor of Xain
N19eteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2007, 05:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: City Fight Buildings

I have a manufactorum and a sanctum imperialis. I've used some of the sprues for incorporating into foamcore buildings but I haven't built a complete kit with them. As for advice, use clippers and not a hobby knife to cut them off the sprue. Its thick as hell and a pain to cut with a knife. Also cutting the doors to buildings so they can open seems like a cool idea but is not near as easy as it should be. Overall I think they are great kits and I plan to build some more buildings with them for my CoD table but I prefer using them in combination with other materials rather than using them as a stand alone terrain piece.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2007, 11:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

I've built the Sanctum and the Administratum building, and I'm quite pleased with how easily the parts glued together- I was able to get the bulk of the Administratum building done in one morning. In a way, the walls reminded me of the old LEGO castle walls. You WILL need clippers, as well as a good amount of plastic glue. There wasn't much flash on the "faces" of the walls, but you might want to watch the flash on the edges to insure the walls meet up properly.

Your idea of a Masonite base is EXACTLY what I did, and it turned out very well. You might want to plan out your building on paper in advance, as there may not be enough floors/walls for what you want to get done- For a 4-sided Administratum building, I had to raid a second box of Cityfight ruins.

As for painting- USE SPRAYPAINT for the base coat (Probably black, in the case of a foundry). Then pick out the dtails/drybrush as desired.

[br]

[br]
Deneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2007, 21:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to wait a little while to build them though.

I broke my pair of clippers doing something for the conversion contest...
And my body that crouches in the shadow.
I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet,
That dances to my tune.

Karazantor the Vile,
The Traitor of Xain
N19eteen is offline   Reply With Quote