Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Terrain attempts *Update*
Old 06 Mar 2007, 17:16   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Terrain attempts *Update*

***Opens small box***

Well, I have some pieces of terrain. Judging by the high standarts, I'll only post one for now, i do have some more. These are the best so far...

Part of the future destroyed base jungle/forest theme...

Kroot Cadge... Yes... For Hounds, Prisoners (If any ), ...just look for yourself will ya??? )))

Well... Tell me what u think???

Walk Tall Everyone...

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2007, 18:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Terrain attempts *Update*

Not bad at all. I do have a few concerns... Those leaves are fake right? You don't want rotting foliage stinking up you gaming board. Also, I'm pretty sure that kroot cage wouldn't be holding anyone very long. Ok, seriously, I would look around at some hobby store for fake plants and maybe you could find some leaves that are a bit smaller or just to get some variety. On the concrete try starting with a darker grey and drybrush it with a lighter grey. You could also make a mixture of sand and glue and paint that on first to give it some texture. You should post the other stuff you've made.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2007, 18:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Those leaves are fake right?
Aaaa... U joking right? Do I look that dumb ;D ? Of course they r fake. I bought em in a $ store ( $ store forever ;D ) Other stuff was worth, these are actually not that bad. Sand is Glued on. Basically I just Put some glue on the card board then dipped it in the sand and vualya ) In game u can use it as a marker with a prisoner I sepouse. Besides U don't know what kinda of wood there is on other planets ;D
But if seriously This so far the best I've got. For the wall The bullet holes are made by toothpick dipped in silver paint. I found it the perfect way to do it...
Ok Ty for Comments waiting for more and check my Tau showcase I retook pictures and they are 10 times better now )))

Walk Tall Everyone!!!!!

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Old 06 Mar 2007, 19:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Red> First off good work, any work that your proud of, and you know that you put the effort in, you will get better and better each time you model.

The plants leaf is a bit overbearing, perhaps you can prune it down with scissors. This way your eye catches the structures, rather than a huge leaf.

This “weed whacking” will also set the scale, even though on some world in deep space, scale is always important. Perhaps you could place a few cuts along the leaf to shape it more like a palm leaf?

Next, your sand work is fine; I would only suggest that when you apply paint or inks to the sand, don’t use a brush, It looks like you used a brush. Try using some Black foam, dab it into your paint, and then some water. Then place it on the sand.

This allows it to soak in a bit, and not is so bright.

Make a 2nd pass over the green with a lighter shade of green, (or add white paint to your already green paint) and then re touch it with some more colors. This will help you to even out your paint of one solid color.

Painting bullet holes in walls:

Concrete when hit shatters, Either from a bolter, or a Depleted Uranium bullet round. On impact the bullet creates a small crater, make a second pass with black (very lightly) start at the center of the bullet hole, and sweep outwards (from the center of the hole.) This makes it look like the bullet and concrete fragments shattered and spread out on impact.

Try adding some cracks near the bullet holes too, as this shows impact was hard hit, and shattered the wall, and the reinforced concrete held it up!

Where your wall is damaged, try to add some black/grey/white to show that heavy heat hit that wall causing it to break!
Have a look at this Impact damage, look at the hole closely.

In time, you will be the model master! Keep up the good work!

LordBlacksteel
LordBlacksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2007, 19:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I forgot to add the link:

http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/galler...ord=&start=156

LordBlacksteel
LordBlacksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2007, 19:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

First of all Ty for an advise )

About leaves... I'll see what I can do, I do not like it that much myself...

Quote:
Black foam
Aaa... Pardon me, But I do not know what is it? ... ))), I am pretty good with English, just never encounter this word i guess...

Quote:
Painting bullet holes in walls:

Concrete when hit shatters, Either from a bolter, or a Depleted Uranium bullet round. On impact the bullet creates a small crater, make a second pass with black (very lightly) start at the center of the bullet hole, and sweep outwards (from the center of the hole.) This makes it look like the bullet and concrete fragments shattered and spread out on impact.
That is true for armor piercing rounds (with steal center) or rounds with steal jackets, However if it is a lead slug, ( I do assume orks are using em ) then lead will stay there... Not most of the time but still...

I fired lots of weapons over the years and yes armor piercing rounds scatter the concrete on the impact.
Also haven't fired any pulse carbines (lol dahh ) I would imagine they suppose to hit up the target... If I'm wrong correct me plz...

Thanx for comments and waiting for more! )))

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

Old 07 Mar 2007, 05:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, I was joking about the first part of my post. You can check out my CoD tutorial to get some ideas about how to make destroyed buildings. Here it is:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=33649.0
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 08:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I really like the cage idea. Maybe you could hang a few Imperial prisonners in them from trees as terrain. THAT would be amazing.
Frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 11:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

The cage idea is awesome, just add more detail to it, like drybrushing it or highlighing, some prisoners inside of it, and it wil be perfect ;D
Old 08 Mar 2007, 01:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to faol Send a message via Yahoo to faol

I agree with Valar great work.
recruit gladiators
faol is offline   Reply With Quote