Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

sugestions on making tau fortifications
Closed Thread
Old 16 Jan 2005, 03:18   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to MEanBOb
Default sugestions on making tau fortifications

well i wanna play some buner assaults and seige stuff like that with my buddie and i was gonna make some tau bunkers and mine feilds. But before i start i wanna ask for any sugestions on making fortification for the tau.

thanks in advance
Old 16 Jan 2005, 12:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: sugestions on making tau fortifications

making tau bulidings is sooo hard the examples they give on the GW website are either impossible to make or look rubish(like the one made from a foil tray HA!) even in the dex the biuling they show uses "specilay cast resin pices just for us"

I think that some sentry turres from FW would be good to build around, the problem with tau is that the building must have no straight edges which is very difficult to produce
Old 17 Jan 2005, 16:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've found a ton of tau buildings in simple packing foam. One prime example is a buddy of mine bought a lamp with mag glass on it to paint with and the top foam it came with was round and the perfect size of a Tau landing pad for a FF or HH.

the other foam I've found will just require a coat of PVA (white glue) and some paint and it will be playable. But it does look Tau-ish, or as much as possible.

Of course whose to say you dont use a normal building and mark it up with Tau stuff, as in it was taken over by the tau and the other players have to take it back.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 20:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

How did GW make that big tau runway/landing pad thing in the codex? thats a nice pice of tau terrain.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 20:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEanBOb
well i wanna play some buner assaults and seige stuff like that with my buddie and i was gonna make some tau bunkers and mine feilds. But before i start i wanna ask for any sugestions on making fortification for the tau.

thanks in advance
Take a holow peice of foam, then sand it down, and make some holes for windows ect.
Old 08 Feb 2005, 06:14   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Tau do have straight lines in their buildings, it is just rare. They employ geometric shapes alot, but spheres and such are the primary shapes employed. So long as one building doesn't clash with the one next to it, or stand out, it's all good. Tau cities are very eye-pleasing. Everything blends and mixes together. No harsh lines, but there are lines.

My suggestion? Find a local thirft or liquidation type store and wander down the isles. Have a look for things like dinner ware. Sound odd, i know. But find yourself a nice looking soup bowl (preferably plastic or some light weight material. Guess you could use proper ceramic, if you don't mind lugging it about.). Anything that is smooth and featureless will do. You can always add details later, with plasticard and what not.

As for bunkers... I saw someone use polysteyren half-spheres once. Gouged out the centre, turned it into a half-decent looking hidey-hole. Could try that. Hardware stores are also a good palce to wander around. Flower-pots and such

Hope that helps some.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 15:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I swear since starting 40k I've been to more craft and hardware stores then in anytime so far in my life. I am also constantly looking at stuff thinking "man that would make some awesome terrain..."

Old 11 Feb 2005, 04:53   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have a similiar problem, though un-warhammer related. I walk through halls, parks, and stores thinking "Man. This would make a sweet-ass paintball field" ;D
Old 13 Feb 2005, 01:58   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talanis
I have a similiar problem, though un-warhammer related. I walk through halls, parks, and stores thinking "Man. This would make a sweet-a** paintball field"* ;D
lol me too
Old 17 Feb 2005, 15:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talanis
I have a similiar problem, though un-warhammer related. I walk through halls, parks, and stores thinking "Man. This would make a sweet-a** paintball field" ;D
i also have that problem

mmmmmm paintballl..... whats nice is legally you can use any National Forest property to play PB on as long as you notify the local ranger beforehand and dont leave a mess. The paint is biodegradeable and wont damage anything... Of course this is in the US I'm talkin about.
Closed Thread