Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mante Eith XII
Closed Thread
Old 18 Apr 2006, 00:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Mante Eith XII

My friend's, and I have come up with a campaign for the following armies:
Space marines, (space wolves, death wing)
Sisters of Battle
Chaos Space Marines, (Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeneetch, and my plaque marines)
Dark eldar, (mine)

This campaign takes place on an Imperial Guard planet with very good technology, (to guard at least), named Manta Eith XII.
The planet is bordering the eastern fringe, (we haven't decided if my tau should join, yet, but I feel they'd be a good adaption with the third expansion, and all).
Now for the terrain part:
We made the map for it today, (there are two parts of the campaign, two different cities on the planet). I'm in charge of the town, (involving a capitol buidling, and armoury, which is actually an objective for take and hold, a few houses, and a barricaded area for the chaos minions to assault, (which is only half of the board). I've taken the liberty of picking up the Imperial Guard codex, and am getting some of their models for the conversions I have to do in the town, (involving lascannon turrets, and the armoury), so I should be hanging around the IG section every now and then. :funny:
Second Map:
For the final battle, (if one of the sides hasn't slaugthered the other), one of my friends is creating a large space marine fortress, (I'm happy about this because he's already started and the inside is big enough to fit about 10 land raiders). :sadnshocked:
What we're using:
60-72" green board, (spray painting it grey)
Posterboard, (and lots), I'm the main user of it, (as the capitol building, and armoury are made from it)
Cardboard, while the planet is highly advanced, it hasn't been inhabited for more then a few months, (meaning the guard shelters are little shacks)
Plastic Sprues, scissors, glue, and boltgun metal- The easiest terrain, (in my opinion), is the crashed metal look, where you cut up sprues, glue them together in a big pile, and paint them boltgun metal, this is going to be spread in a line, (as the barricade), straight throughout the board, (60-72"), and is going to cost $10 dollars alone to paint.
Lascannon turrets, these are spread on the Imperial side of the map, to give a little extra help to the outnumbered IG.
Imperial guardmen bits, one of the reasons the imperial guard are outnumbered in this campaign is because the chaos had earlier killed 70% of them on the planet, the space marines are just now getting there, and are stepping up to protect their newly founded tech lab. So with chaos being the monstrous, bloody savages that they are they have littered the grounds with limbs of the guardsmen, (and even a few of their own kind), so I'm going to have fun with the red gore paint, this time around.
Finished pictures:
The finished pictures will be out after the terrain is done, in the showcase section. I estimate it to be finsihed sometime this late summer, or early fall, I might want to pick up a land raider at gencon Indy this year, and use it as terrain, (they have warhammer stuff really cheap there).
I'm really looking forward to this, it's going to be a very big battle, 1,500 to 3,000 points on each seperate team, (chaos legions, too!), so this should add up to roughly 10,000 points of fun, and great terrain, I hope you guys like it!
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 00:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto
Default Re: Mante Eith XII

Campagne Sounds great, but one thing, Sisters arn't space marines, the only same things are the Armour and Gun. Please don't confuse the two.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 00:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Lord Seto
Campagne Sounds great, but one thing, Sisters arn't space marines, the only same things are the Armour and Gun. Please don't confuse the two.
Yes, I know, they're witchhunters.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 00:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sounds cool!

-ILF
Closed Thread