Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

fish of fury shall i ?
Closed Thread
Old 01 Sep 2005, 02:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default fish of fury shall i ?

the fish of fury startegy sounds like an amazign strategy wat do yall think of a 1500 point army with 3 FW squads, a stealth squad, crisis battlesuit HQ, 1 hammehead, 1 broadside, adn 2 devilfish

the strategy woudl obviously be centered around teh fish of fury and i was thinking that wheni went to 2000 i woudl add farsight and another FW squad
plz sned ur thoguhts but no flames
Old 01 Sep 2005, 02:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: fish of fury shall i ?

Though its not a bad tactic, its not something I would use as an overall battle plan. The FOF is pretty much a way to avoid HTH, beyond that theres nothing perticularily special that makes it a game winner.
A better battle plan would be to use the FOF to quickly concentrate fire on specific units, then to quickely relocate and concentrate fire on another unit, taking out one unit at a time, while trying to avoid retaliation.
Old 01 Sep 2005, 02:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
the strategy woudl obviously be centered around teh fish of fury
The FoF is not a strategy aimed for winning games, it's a tactic for use when you see an opportunity. You do not base your gameplan around it.
Old 01 Sep 2005, 02:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I agree with Falkus - never try to base an army around a single tactic, as a single fallen Devilfish will leave you completely screwed over.

Quote:
plz sned ur thoguhts but no flames
As I have stated in other threads, this is a Forum rather than a Chat-Room - flames are strictly forbidden whether you request them or request an absence of them.
Old 01 Sep 2005, 03:00   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

k thanks for the advice guys, already yall r a big help
Old 01 Sep 2005, 03:03   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

so how bout if i drop my crisis squad down to a normal squad and use the point to buy farsight and use him fo rmy leader since my army already is within the guidelines for breakaway faction
Old 01 Sep 2005, 03:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Farsight is not that great. He makes Tau slightly good at cc which is a bad thing in general. All he will do is allow your firewarriors to survive a round of cc and keep the enemy locked so you cant shoot them. If a firewarrior squad gets into cc they are done period. You want them to die in one turn so the enemy is left out in the open and you can blast them with your guns. Also the restrictions on the Hammerhead are bad. No 2000 pt army should have less than 2. With the multi tracker it is an amazing unit that has your enemy pulling their hair out.

Go with a normal Shas'O, keep him an independant character and give him a shield gennerator, fusion blaster and plasma rifle and a hard wired multi tracker. If your playing night fight add in a hard wired blacksun filter and use that as your commander.

Old 01 Sep 2005, 03:14   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ok cool well i dont knwo whether ot go wiht him or normal comander i will continue to ask around about that btw vash do u play world of warcraft
Old 01 Sep 2005, 04:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

No, I dont like paying the fees. Why someone you met on there have my name or one similar?

Old 01 Sep 2005, 08:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Griffin,

I took your side in the other thread that you started, but only because you cleaned up your posting after other people whose English was no better jumped all over you. Please, type more slowly, every third word in your posts has letters transposed, indicating that you're typing too quickly. Second, this is not AIM or Yahoo! Messenger, or ICQ. "U" is spelled Y-O-U. "Ur" is spelled Y-O-U-R or Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E, depending. Other forums are more tolerant of this style of writing. Here, people generally get annoted, and the forum rules are on their side.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Closed Thread