Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

i dont think you can power game with tau in a tounment ?
Closed Thread
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default i dont think you can power game with tau in a tounment ?

the thing is it hard to be cheesy with tau we don't have the cheap heavy weapons like guard or SM or dark eldar or eldar so we need all the big gun we can get for are points. guard can get tons of lascannons we cant do that. SM can take lot of heavy in there squad we cant do that .

that why tau cant beat a Tyranids big bug army list with all big monster with high toughness and many wounds ,but other army like SM ,guard,dark eldar ,eldar will wipe the floor with that kind of list

i think tau are great you can win with them but there going to be close wins i just dont think you can power game with them in a tournment

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:06   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: i dont think you can power game with tau in a tounment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank
the thing is it hard to be cheesy with tau we don't have the cheap heavy weapons like guard or SM or dark eldar or eldar so we need all the big gun we can get for are points. guard can get tons of lascannons we cant do that. SM can take lot of heavy in there squad we cant do that .

that why tau cant beat a Tyranids big bug army list with all big monster with high toughness and many wounds ,but other army like SM ,guard,dark eldar ,eldar will wipe the floor with that kind of list

i think tau are great you can win with them but there going to be close wins i just dont think you can power game with them in a tournment
you'rrite we are
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:08   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

damnit i clicked post fast before i finished
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Irrelivant, you can take two 6 man Fire Warrior teams for very few points, then max out on Hammerheads and battlesuits quite easily. *Other armies can't do that, and need to spend additional points 'buying' units for their heavy weapons - Tau special units get them pre-built in!

Admittedly you can't really make anything utterly horrendous with the Tau, but you can still make a pretty mean list. *At least that's my opinion - if I faced two minimum squads, 3 battletanks and 3 elite squads in 1500pts in any army I'd be a bit miffed!

~Andromidius
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromidius
Irrelivant, you can take two 6 man Fire Warrior teams for very few points, then max out on Hammerheads and battlesuits quite easily. Other armies can't do that, and need to spend additional points 'buying' units for their heavy weapons - Tau special units get them pre-built in!

Admittedly you can't really make anything utterly horrendous with the Tau, but you can still make a pretty mean list. At least that's my opinion - if I faced two minimum squads, 3 battletanks and 3 elite squads in 1500pts in any army I'd be a bit miffed!

~Andromidius
i wouldn't be scared if some one did that i be like good expensive fragile guy to kill. battle suit are easy to kill and with no troop to draw my attention there going to die

Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Not nessisarily. You're not going to be diverting much fire away from the Fire Warriors in any case - Missile Launchers are better suited against bigger targets anyway. Besides, if you JSJ correctly you'll have little to worry about. And indeed, a smart player will never reveal his Stealth Suits and play hide and seek with you all day.

Meanwhile you have three Hammerheads, hanging back at long range (making full use of Disruption Pods) and hammering enemy units. Even if they can get within range, you'll be moving 12" while firing and thus can only be glanced. Chances of being destroyed are minimal against the majority of armies

Sounds like that sort of army needs some trimming around the chin...

~Andromidius
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I don't know about that Frank. I got absolutely horrendous composition scores at the Chicago GT. I didn't bring min troops squads, I brought a wide variety of units, my army was themed... and I only brought 2 Railguns.

Honestly, I think Hammerheads and Stealths are the things that do it for people. If you have 3 Hammerheads and 18 Stealths, you're gonna get smacked. As long as you keep the Hammerheads and Stealth Suits in check, you'll be ok.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 27 Aug 2005, 06:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to chaintinker Send a message via Yahoo to chaintinker

Um, I don't think My opponants like it when I field 9 Broadsides either.

~tink

Check out the BFG threads over on the Other Games Catagory.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 07:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaintinker
Um, I don't think My opponants like it when I field 9 Broadsides either.

~tink
broad side are not that buff T4 that means any S8 weapon can ins-ta kill them if you take 9 that alot of point on them

Old 27 Aug 2005, 07:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Aye, but in a tournament people tend not to overload on such weapons. Admittedly 9 Broadsides don't have much use in tournaments (unless you face Deathwing), but it's still very much in need of a shave.

~Andromidius
Closed Thread