Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Suicide DF
Closed Thread
Old 25 Aug 2005, 11:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Suicide DF

I have a game tonight, and the point of the game is to have the most points on the objective at game end. This brings two problems for Tau. First is they will get slaughtered in CC once on the objective. Two, how to get there in one peice since foot slogging is slow slow slow.

Answer is suicide DF. Armed with MT, TL, and FD. I set my loaded DF 11" away from the objective on the next to last turn. On the last turn I fly up, drop my FW and shoot with everything in typical FoF style on top of the objective.

If I'm not the last player in rotation, the DF must be assaulted since in is in the way of my FW. The flechet discharger goes into action. Finally found a use for the darn thing.

In any event, the FW are there at game end.

Wanax
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Suicide DF

What's the Target Lock for?

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

sorry that should be Disruption pod. For some reason translated TL from another thread about DF...

Wanax
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Oh. But that wouldn't be very useful. It just lessens the range. If you're going FoF, they'll still be able to see you. I'd replace it with Decoy Launchers for survivability.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Behemoth
Oh. But that wouldn't be very useful. It just lessens the range. If you're going FoF, they'll still be able to see you. I'd replace it with Decoy Launchers for survivability.
Ur right. Need coffee this morning :P

Wanax
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:23   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I like it but it has some flaws against some armies that can move more then 6" in the assault phase or can jump around in the regular movement phase. But it's a nice little tactic against most people.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Very interesting use of the Fletchet Discharger. It may be crazy enough to work.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Old 25 Aug 2005, 14:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The anti personnel discharger is for death or glory attacks, where you are the aggressor. I fail to see how it would help when you are charged.

What you could do to be a jerk is to continually fly devilfish over the objective. They will never be able to move on top of it because they will most likely be shooting them down, after the movement phase.

I did this in a game to force a push, because I didn't have any surviving scoring units in range of the token. I jumped some crisis suits over the objective.
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 25 Aug 2005, 16:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmm. Your right, but the objective will be littered with enemy. Perhaps I should move to 6" the previous turn and drop off the FW. Then in the last turn, move the FW onto the objective while tank shocking the enemy unit(s)?

Wanax
Old 26 Aug 2005, 02:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I played a similar game, but first off, I wouldent wait untill the last turn to move up, you may fall short, or you fish could get blown up earlier in the game, so dont count on it too much.
In my game (agianst SMs), I got my fish in near the end of the game, and tank shocked 2 units off of the objective (quite amazing to see 2 SM units actually fail a LD test), but it was deffinatley worth it.
You might want to consider taking Aun'shi, 105 pts on one model, can easily sway the game in your favor. Unfortunately for me, in the last round Aun-shi was running out from difficult ground, rolled double 1's, and fell 1" short of the objective :'(, unfortunately the greater good did not prevail.