Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A fluff idea for my army, uses all septs and races
Closed Thread
Old 23 Aug 2005, 03:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default A fluff idea for my army, uses all septs and races

Hello everyone. If tis is in the wrong spot feel free to move it but i figured this the most logical. Since its not really meant to be a army list although i might flesh out some idea on that here.

OK so heres my big idea and probably the sillies. After reading on the TSOALR forum i thought about a Linux themed Tau. Linux working for the greater good through open source ;D . So the pain scheme would be a greyish basecoat to facilitate shadowing, then white with the armour black.

Thats not the big deal. The fluff is the big deal. I started browsing the forums and read about all these races that are a part of the Tau empire. One really caught my attention, the Demiurg. I love dwarves, they're all I play in my d20 games. SO i figured that I would have it in a less humanly explored area of space closer to an area between Tau space and Demiruge controlled trade lanes that they would meet to create a very highly advanced force built primarily to fight space marines and orks, the common foes of the two races. This force would be used to 'free' SM or ork controlled areas and open up trade for both races. also as a special force to use to rescue downed crews of both the air sept and the Demiurg. This force would be large scale and constantly on the move trying to push ork outside of space lanes for use by Air and Demiurg. The force would include imporvents and technology created by all four mjor septs and the Demiurg. I really wanna bring a piece of every sept into this unit. Im thinking of fast attack units being air caste. Maybe to validate this the planet that worked this heavy alliance with the Demiurg is Air sept only, a space station of sorts. Of course it had the blessing of the ethereals to prevent the orks and SM. Hoever when this demiurg/air force realized it needed ground capabilities it adapted. To utilize the silly fluff im going to jokingly say the demiurg created linux. im also thinking of getting some fantasy dwarves to modify for this, maybe make them pilots of modified Tau tanks.

Also could I ask a favour? Would someone kindly list the known races of the Tau empire? Im a bit confusedby all of them through my research and would like to try and encompasse them into this fluff.

Also on a completely unrelated note my crisis suit "has two left feet", literally. That just begs for a backstory.

I am open to suggestions.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 09:59   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: A fluff idea for my army, uses all septs and races

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ci-Lain
Also could I ask a favour? Would someone kindly list the known races of the Tau empire? Im a bit confusedby all of them through my research and would like to try and encompasse them into this fluff.
Tau.
Kroot.
Nicassar (non-combat psykers, supposedly look like polar bears).
Demiurg (Squats. Not part of the Empire, but common allies).
Vespid (new guys, seem to be a close-range shooting force).

Rumoured/unconfirmed:
Tarellian Dog-Soldiers.

Unofficial:
Praedar (hyper-evolved, highly intelligent predators. Physical prowess rivals that of a Space Marine).
Skiv'xh (silicone-based lifeform, use fletchette-rifles that fire micro-slugs at extreme velocities. Very good armour-penetration. Skiv'xh think in logical terms, but struggle to comprehend concepts such as art, humour, sarcasm, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 23 Aug 2005, 10:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

dont forget the likes of the galg, though we dont know anything about this race.

stay away from combat vehicles piloted by air caste.

if anything, they fly the airforce, nothing more.

Im not sure about the idea of houseruling all those races. it would be fun, sure. but not legal by any stretch of the imagination.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

use the "count as" stuff in the latest Red dwarf, for instance, the vespid and dog soldiers, you could modell and then tell you opponent they're kroot, using the same rules.

Tau 9/3/0 Space Wolves 50/28/15

RAAAAAARGH!
what now?
raaaaaargh.
oh.

I'll beat you down with my ukos!
whats ukos mean?
never mind
I can chew through metal bars, spit acid, carry in one hand weapons that normal men have to mount on tanks, I'm then ft. tall, can eat rocks, and your telling my I don't get lunch break?!?!?! I bet you do. mmmmhmmmm, riiiiight.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 09:35   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

....??????......??????......
Old 27 Aug 2005, 15:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I like the Unofficial races. Where do you find stuff on them?

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 28 Aug 2005, 15:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I use hruds as Kroot, but they're not part of the Tau empire, and it seems they died out when fourth Ed. came out, I can'tfind anything on them any more, on the other hand they're SO COOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tau 9/3/0 Space Wolves 50/28/15

RAAAAAARGH!
what now?
raaaaaargh.
oh.

I'll beat you down with my ukos!
whats ukos mean?
never mind
I can chew through metal bars, spit acid, carry in one hand weapons that normal men have to mount on tanks, I'm then ft. tall, can eat rocks, and your telling my I don't get lunch break?!?!?! I bet you do. mmmmhmmmm, riiiiight.
Closed Thread