Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau sept colours IA 3 ?
Closed Thread
Old 22 Aug 2005, 20:07   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau sept colours IA 3 ?

Hi there people!

I've just regestered with this site, although I've been lurking for a while,(hence the name)
and I've a question for those well versed in Tau lore.

Now, in the Tau codex it says that the various septs have their own colour scheme, But it doesn't specify which septs have which colours. I've also heard that IA3 book has information on this, and although I have reserved a copy at my local games shop, it may be some time before it's in stock. I'm intending to make my Tau cadre of the D'yanoi sept, and I'm wondering if any of these lucky people who have the Taros book could help me?
Or if I'm mistaken about the book's contents, does anyone have any advice on what might be a good choice of colour scheme?

Old 22 Aug 2005, 23:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Tau sept colours IA 3 ?

The Taros campaign book dosent have the color schemes ur looking for. They have the standard desert pattern and a night pattern.

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 23:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

sept colors??

basically its 'local terrain colors' which happens to be Codex Puke yellow (that is the Gw term, right? :P), with some desert sublte blotches... myabe the 'Eavy Metal paint team knew the Tau's first spotlight would be in a Desert setting...

the other primary color scheme is the night fighting shceme.. MAN thats a kewl one: basically swirly blue/black

Fire Warriors are FWs as you know them. Kroot arent greenish-theyre brownish as you know them, plus Gnarlock Mounts.

but yea, theres no such thing as Tau Trophies/Badges/Placards/Campaign stickers/Kill markers on their Vehicles..thats a Imperium Thing... Tau are very disciplined i guess.. a Tau tank is a Tau Tank. totally interchangeable. the nearest thing to personalized colors is one of the Shas'Els adding blue mottling to his suits Camo... i guess leadership has some perks.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 20:54   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hmmm, the night pattern sounds interesting, I'll have to give it some thought.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Old 23 Aug 2005, 21:06   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you do find out the sept colors, TELL US! Because we NEED it.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 01:03   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

"Default" colour scheme (eg: the colours shown in 99% of Tau pics) are T'au colours.

Red is Vior'La.

The rest is just pure speculation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 24 Aug 2005, 21:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Who cares, really? I'm sure that the Tau would make changes according to terrain. It would be stupid to have bright red armour on a lush, green deathworld, that's just saying "Here I am!!!". Makes sense only for Blood Angels, 'cuz they're more likely saying "Here I come!!!!"
Old 24 Aug 2005, 21:06   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion549
Who cares, really? I'm sure that the Tau would make changes according to terrain. It would be stupid to have bright red armour on a lush, green deathworld, that's just saying "Here I am!!!". Makes sense only for Blood Angels, 'cuz they're more likely saying "Here I come!!!!"
There is a psychological power to "bold" units. People don't seem to realise that having a brightly-coloured regiment of troops marching towards you hell bent on slaughtering you, no matter how much firepower you throw at them, is scary.

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 24 Aug 2005, 21:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yes, but being well-camoed and hiding far enough away that you blend in to your surroundings (something the Tau would be good at with their long-range rifles) would instill more fear when the enemy can't see you.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 21:49   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion549
Yes, but being well-camoed and hiding far enough away that you blend in to your surroundings (something the Tau would be good at with their long-range rifles) would instill more fear when the enemy can't see you.
Not true. For example, the true power of the Medieval Knight was that he was a nutter in 30 kilos of armour, riding a Warhorse capable of crushing a man's skull with one good kick, and he wasn't going to stop unless you stuck of 20ft Pike in front of him.

Likewise, Samurai wore distinctive armour, and carried large flagpoles so they could easily be spotted by friend and foe alike... and Ninja often wore dark red robes, so if they were cut it appeared they did not bleed, making people believe their skin could not be pierced by mortal weapons.

The mind is always your greatest weapon, and your greatest weakness.

Quote:
Closed Thread