Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Trash the Hard Points?
Closed Thread
Old 19 Aug 2005, 11:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Trash the Hard Points?

I've been reading through the Crisis Battlesuit rules, and have been dreaming of an ultimate suit, taking tons of different weapons and support systems. What if they trash the hard points entirely, and make it so you cannot have more than 50 points of gear added to them. This doesn't seem too unbalanced, especially since Plasma Rifle cost is going up and the codex states Crisis Battlesuits are suppose to be the most customizable unit in the army. More weapons and systems would help, but trashing the hard points and setting a point limit for gear would make for more interesting, diverse suit combinations (drools over Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle, Twin-Linked Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker). And if they die, it is our loss since we packed so many points into them. What do you think?* 8)

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 15:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Trash the Hard Points?

Sounds fun :P Or they could just open up the 4th hardpoint slot. You could get TL Plasma, TL Missiles and a hardwired mutli-tracker. If they allowed redundant weapon systems, you could get a "Hellstorm" XV8 suit with TL Missile Pod and TL Missile Pod. It would look mighty scary! But I highly doubt GW would allow such high-powered monstrosities to walk the earth.

Old 19 Aug 2005, 16:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

If they allow Wraithlords, Carnifexes, Hive Tyrants, those Chaos guys packed with upgrades, lots of Lascannon/Star Cannon-toting troops, or Devestator Squads, they should allow these. Plus, then we can accuse some Tau players of powergaming. I can see it now.

- Shas'el w/ Twin-linked Plasma Rifle, Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, 2 Shas'vre Bodyguards with Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Multi-Tracker (call this unit the Marine Grim Reaper)

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 17:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hardpoints are what make Tau unique, I'd rather see them stay to be honest.

Also, imagine the sheer cost of equiping such units - you'd have less models that die just as easily as they did before. No thanks!

~Andromidius
Old 19 Aug 2005, 17:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Actually, that isn't true. You could still only use the amount of points you have now. There just is a lot more you can do with the suit. Besides, do the hop-hop and you won't get hit.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Old 19 Aug 2005, 17:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to zee666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Behemoth
I've been reading through the Crisis Battlesuit rules, and have been dreaming of an ultimate suit, taking tons of different weapons and support systems. What if they trash the hard points entirely, and make it so you cannot have more than 50 points of gear added to them. This doesn't seem too unbalanced, especially since Plasma Rifle cost is going up and the codex states Crisis Battlesuits are suppose to be the most customizable unit in the army. More weapons and systems would help, but trashing the hard points and setting a point limit for gear would make for more interesting, diverse suit combinations (drools over Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle, Twin-Linked Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker). And if they die, it is our loss since we packed so many points into them. What do you think?* 8)
I agree with more weapons and hardpoints, BUT, having a maximum of 50 points of stuff, just makes over customizing them impossible, so sorry dude, but no.

Well people can't be per.. ooh look a penny.

No don't run, I just want to cut off your face.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 17:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

It beats the barely any customability we have now. Anything over 50 points is too powerful.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Old 19 Aug 2005, 17:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

too powerful? more than 50 pts of wargear would mean an expensive unit that is relatively easy to kill. Over equipped characters are usually pretty weak.
Old 19 Aug 2005, 18:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah. I guess you're right. Seeing Chaos Space Marines being upgraded to the max, maybe a 100 point limit?

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Old 19 Aug 2005, 18:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

As it stands I don't think Tau commanders can even take 50 points of wargear if they tried! This really does (and will be) need to be addressed in the new Codex methinks!