Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need some help.
Closed Thread
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Need some help.

ok so I just got owned by my mates chaos army. it used to be world eaters now he has changed to black legion. I play tau and I was actually out numbered. My army was mainly Mech tau. so i geuss thats why he had 7 lascannons in his. I think his list was like this

-lord with demonic flight
- 6 raptors
- 5 flesh hounds
- 5 flesh hounds
- 2 squads of 10 marines (bolt pistols cc weps)
- 8-10 Khorne beserkers
- 3 obliterators
- 8 havocs (4 lascannons)

bascically every unit had an icon bearer.

I had

- Commander xv8 knife
- 5 suits (knifes)
- 2 squads of fws on foot(marker ligts)
- 2 squads of fws in fish
- ion head
- rail head

to put it simply. I got owned. both flesh hounds came on and tau FWS apart.

Can some one offer up some assistance. Im not use to being out numbered. especially by chaos?
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:35   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Need some help.

Well, please tell how the game went, so I could give more accurate help. It seems both lists are solid, so it might have just been tactics.

Oh, and are chaos allowed that many icon bearers?
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I personally have not found mech tau to be 100% effective agants marines expesially If you were out numbered. Lots of fire warriors man lots of them is what you want.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well the game went south. at least for me. he got first turn. needless to say i I lost a fish and an Ion head in his shooting phase. My return fire reduced the closest squad to half size and took out a couple of havocs (obviously not the ones bearing lascannons. BTW they had tank hunters ability.)

he managed to have both flesh hound units come on in turn 2 and they scattered closer *to me. hence my Fws got mauled. Caught and killed. then fleshies just consolidate into the next squad.

he killed every thing by turn 4.

funny thing though is his lord charged my shasel and failed to case any wound even with re roll lightning claws. my shasel fought back and killed him.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 22:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Well sometimes the deep strike scatter dice can really screw you. That's a bit of the fun with deep strike.

I'm not sure how you lost a HH on the first turn. You probably need to play with more terrain if there is nowhere to hide your fishies. Always deploy like you will get second turn.

A mech list is always going to suffer against a list with 7+ lascannons AND the ability to run up and summon on you. You lack the firepower to shoot him down before he hits you, and you are denied enough mobility by the lascannons that you really have nothing left. Against such a list I would... not play mech? ??? I really don't know what mech would do in this situation.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 22:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireStrike
Well sometimes the deep strike scatter dice can really screw you. That's a bit of the fun with deep strike.

I'm not sure how you lost a HH on the first turn. You probably need to play with more terrain if there is nowhere to hide your fishies. Always deploy like you will get second turn.

A mech list is always going to suffer against a list with 7+ lascannons AND the ability to run up and summon on you. You lack the firepower to shoot him down before he hits you, and you are denied enough mobility by the lascannons that you really have nothing left. Against such a list I would... not play mech?* ??? I really don't know what mech would do in this situation.
beats me too... I couldn't hide fishes because he had the only side with a size 3 terrain piece
Old 16 Aug 2005, 00:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Hmm... Well with my limited experience all the advice I can give is to try for a more fair terrain setup... If you can't place an even number of each type of scenery, get an impartial third person to set up for you.
Closed Thread