Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

can i incorporate a imperial gaurd demolisher into my tau army?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default can i incorporate a imperial gaurd demolisher into my tau army?

can i incorporate a imperial gaurd demolisher into my tau army?
i recently bought imperial gaurd demolisher and i was wondering if i could incorporate it into my army ? i collect tau geu vesla (inperial persons
do any special rules special secarios count?
thanks for reading this and helping me
??? O0
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: can i incorporate a imperial gaurd demolisher into my tau army?

Umm...no. Sorry, but it can't be used in the Tau lists. Take a Hammerhead instead.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:36   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

There are no rules that allow you to use human tanks. Hammerhead be better but if u can explain why u got a demolisher then go for it. *It will be a special rule that ur opponent has to agree upon.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:40   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Can I use it if I put some therey behind it like it was captured in the democolies crucade?
And that it is used by Gue'Vesa ???

Edit by Jack- All caps bad.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, by your opponent's permission you may. But if they allow you to they would be strengthening your list, so don't count on them letting you. Even with fluff behind it.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah, that's a "with special permission from your opponent only" kind of thing.

Some posting hints:

1. All caps is rude.

2. Use a spell checker.

I use the female comissar model as an aun in my army. I wrote proper fluff for her, but I don't need anyone's permission, since I use the standard ethereal statline for her and she's on the same size base as an aun. Of course, using the demolisher as a hammerhead doesn't work the same as using a comissar as an ethereal, since a) it doesn't float, and b) it has a smaller footprint. I, for one, would have an issue with the vehicle not being the same size since a smaller vehicle can hide behind terrain more easily and can also be an inch or two farther from the enemy (when backed against the table edge) than a larger one can.

Quote:
"Cheese for the cheese god! More wins for Pwn!"
Old 15 Aug 2005, 11:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Yes, with the permission of your opponent, the relevant rules, and perhaps even a scenario, you could say that it is a tank that belonged to gue'vesa units. As a restriction, however, perhaps you should follow a set of rules like:

1 Gue'vesa squad is mandatory in addition to the 1 mandatory FW squad
Taking the 0-1 demolisher also occupies an elites choice.
If the tank is destroyed it has a similar effect to the loss of an ethereal, but to the gue'vesa units only.

I've always thought they should expand the Gue'Vesa ideas a little to offer another 'enemy human' force or incoporate a little mroe than just cannon fodde... um, loyal helpers of the greater good carrying flashli... thier own humble yet effective threatening devices ...I mean, weapons that's not quite as evil as Chaos, and what's so annoying about it is, its a very simple process to carry out to make the Chapter Approved rules, as the models are already there. Since they're not official rules, they can be made simply for what they are: fun. Balance does not enter the equation in a fun game that much.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 13:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

I don't think the Tau would let guardsmen keep a demolisher. But you could still come up with a scenario for it. For example, at the end of the crusade some deserters decided to take off with a demolisher. They stashed it somewhere, never had to use it, and passed it on to their grandkids. Now the Tau world is under assault, and the locals pull the vehicle out of hiding to help out!
Old 15 Aug 2005, 14:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

the only way i could see that done would be to use the IG codex, and model/convert the IG troopers into a gue'vesa detachment. but then, its not tau.

personally, i would not consent to play against it. GW would strictly forbid it.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Aug 2005, 14:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

If you were running a huge battle with two force organization charts, maybe. Say one is a detachment of Tau, and the other is a imperial guard detachment completely aligned with Tau. Instead of using the Gue'vesa rules, this Imp. Guard detachment would use all the rules in their codex, and the only changes would be fluff changes. Maybe choose some doctrines that would seem Gue'vesa-ish, perhaps:

Preferred Special Weapon: Flamer
Preferred Heavy Weapon: Missile Launcher

Restricted Troops: Rough Riders (imagining the Xenos Mounts chapter approved article here)
Alternate Organization: Drop Troops (Tau deployment)
Alternate Organization: Veterans
Skills and Drills: Xenos Fighters (Orcs) or (Tyranids) (Tau experience)
Special Equipment: Carapace Armor (Tau armor)

http://RyanCannon.com
Closed Thread