Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos weakness
Closed Thread
Old 13 Aug 2005, 04:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to aaaaaaa
Default Chaos weakness

Does chaos have a mojor weakness or not if they do wat is and how can i use it to my advantage if u need more info to tell me anything of use tell us plz write
Old 13 Aug 2005, 05:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Chaos weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaaaa
Does chaos have a mojor weakness or not if they do wat is and how can i use it to my advantage if u need more info to tell me anything of use tell us plz write
Well, first off use punctuation, neatness drives chaos nuts. In my experiance they have lots of tough units, but marine saves none the less. Hence the name, there esentially just space marines, kill them like you do with ap3 and better weapons. Demons just about have a 5+ inv but thats good and bad, no matter what you shoot them with no matter ap and str they can save it. Good news, make them have roll enouph saves, they'll fail them pretty fast.

Second, kill any groups with those pesky banners witout fail, try to snipe that model off the board. Without that they can't summon there demons, they're always hoping they'll scatter closer to you. Demons=bad. Use killing zones and terain to your advantage, remember there coming to YOU. If you can bottle neck them as there coming to summon there demons at your door step, you can usually make it that they can only pull a few number of select models out and hopefully that banner. You ARE playing with terain? Dont let um play with a mostly empty board.

Third, they'll usually have a big guy with lots of wounds but again massed fire can take them out fairly easily. If you got the points load up on Ion cannons and plasma, they'll pop marines saves like popcorn. Ii took out a demon prince 3 wounds 1 already taken out by kroote in hth and another 3 wound model. It was only on the board for on turn dident catch its name. A entire demon squad, and the last half of a marine squad in one round. Get enouph shots, they'll die. If you havent guessed i play tau. What army do you play?

Well thats my general 2cents, ta.
Old 13 Aug 2005, 14:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaaaa
Chaos has one weakness: Too easy to over-do-it.

The thing is, we have the sickest armory out there, the most access to it and just a terrible assortment and ability to pack in more upgrades than you can imagine. It's just silly how your Lord class character can have 150 points of WarGear, versus other codices only allow 100. Then our other characters can all have up to 75 points, as if it wasn't enough. Granted some of this is daemonic gifts and not, but we still have too much. We have too many good items that are not counted towards wargear, so we can bust caps without becoming illegal. And the entire army can get veteran skills out the rear-end as well as the power of the marks. There really is no weakness in Chaos, other than allowing our selves to indulge in powerful upgrades too much. For example, we can upgrade a normal Rhino to be insanely expensive, well over 150+ points for a normal rhino. Other codices will not allow us to do such things. But I'm sure you get the point.

Anyhow - as for turning this weakness into a strength; simply don't give in to the upgrades and don't rely on that single super character. Spread out the points and take less upgrades, but more bodies. Use the marks to your advantage. Chaos can do-it-all.

Cheers!
Old 13 Aug 2005, 14:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

there really are no weaknesses to chaos. they are like marines, in that they are good at everything, but are not awesome in every aspect, though they do tend to have far nastier close combat units.

trick to fighting chaos? Mobility. focused fire. never let him engage you in close quarter fighting (ie cc, rapid fire)

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 14 Aug 2005, 00:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Chaos units are expensive. Reliable fire brings them down. Hordes of cheap firing units also bring them down. Just don't get into combat! 0_0
Old 14 Aug 2005, 21:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
There really is no weakness in Chaos, other than allowing our selves to indulge in powerful upgrades too much.
That's where I applaud the fluff of the game though. From my limited understanding of the fluff, the chaos gods don't really have a goal beyond spreading whatever they influence. Nurgle being decay, Khorne being bloodshed, Slaanesh with the bondage and excess, and I honestly have no idea what Tzeentch governs. Change?

That's the beauty of it. The forbidden tome of chaos allows for so much power and excess, that it takes a very skilled Lord to manage the desires and temptations. Chaos ultimately seems self destructive, and attracts gamers addicted to power.

Sounds about right to me! ;D
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 14 Aug 2005, 22:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Tzeentch is the lord of change, the changer of ways. He has myriad mysterious plans that would make the old ones blush in their scale and complexity. He is the god of secrets and conspiracy. He is the chaos god I am most interested in, at least until the Tau manage to take over the galaxy and give birth to the god of Fire! ;D
Old 15 Aug 2005, 15:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

As above, chaos's weakness is its cost. It's not as easy to beat as a trick heel, but you'll suprise yourself. Come prepared and dig in. I've never lost to chaos in 6 battles, but was on the winning side of a draw once.

Know your opponent and what units to look out for (obliterators, terminators, raptors, demon princes) and prepare for war!

http://RyanCannon.com
Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

take DFs for your FW, then cicle them occasionaly jumping out to shoot a lone unit drawn out by a feint, if your opponent is a regular, he'll catch on and ether,

A)dig in W/lascannons, and blow you out of the sky, in which case, get your troops out of the fishies, and rapid fire him, as he ether shoots at your FW one at a time, or destroys your empty fish, pointlessly, just don't cluster aroud them or when one of the DFs expoldes it'll take some of your guys.

B) get mobile like you, at this point realise that your basic weapons can take out rinos at thirty in., way beyond there range, and recomense with the picking off. > > >

Tau 9/3/0 Space Wolves 50/28/15

RAAAAAARGH!
what now?
raaaaaargh.
oh.

I'll beat you down with my ukos!
whats ukos mean?
never mind
I can chew through metal bars, spit acid, carry in one hand weapons that normal men have to mount on tanks, I'm then ft. tall, can eat rocks, and your telling my I don't get lunch break?!?!?! I bet you do. mmmmhmmmm, riiiiight.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 23:44   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDeth
That's where I applaud the fluff of the game though.* From my limited understanding of the fluff, the chaos gods don't really have a goal beyond spreading whatever they influence. Nurgle being decay, Khorne being bloodshed, Slaanesh with the bondage and excess, and I honestly have no idea what Tzeentch governs. Change?

That's the beauty of it. The forbidden tome of chaos allows for so much power and excess, that it takes a very skilled Lord to manage the desires and temptations. Chaos ultimately seems self destructive, and attracts gamers addicted to power.

Sounds about right to me!* ;D
However, GW seems to have completely forgotten the fluff that stated Chaos were constantly at each others throats... that's what made Chaos cool to me; so paranoid and psychotic they were more likely to turn on their "allies" than wage war on other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Closed Thread