Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

crisis suits armory
Closed Thread
Old 12 Aug 2005, 22:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to xv15 kill team
Default crisis suits armory

hey everyone just wanted some help so here goes whats your favorite and what do you think is the most effective combo of crisis suit weaponry/upgrades?

unfortunatly i made the mistake of hiring constuction workers who are high school dropouts with 5 o clock shadows and generaly only answer to "hey fatty" or "stop urinating on my property or im calling the police!". But they stand around and spit alot so i figure they must be halfway decent construction workers...
Old 12 Aug 2005, 22:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Earlydawn
Default Re: crisis suits armory

Fireknife is a very popular Crisis suit combination (Missle Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multitracker).

People also like the Twin-Linked Missle pods with a Plasma and a hardwired multitracker.

All really a matter of what you're fighting. However, most agree that Fireknife is one of the better multipurpose setups.
Old 13 Aug 2005, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

On Headquarters units that can actually hit their targets:

Plasma Rifle
Missile Pod
[Insert Twin Link here, usually Missiles with me]
Hard Wired Multi Tracker

On basic suits, usually

Twin Linked Missile Pods
Flamer, or Target Lock in a squad of 2.
Good for busting tanks and for throwing prayers at high toughness creatures or predators.
2 Unit squads are easy to hide. You have to take last man standing, but you can always regroup (attempt to ) because you can't go under half.

Now Personally, and I will get flamed for this one - I dig this set up-

Burst Cannon
Missile Pod
Multi Tracker

Gives you a little bit of everything, and most importantly a lot of high strength shots which can be more valuable than significantly less plasma shots.
Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 13 Aug 2005, 01:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I actually like the missile burst multi suit against things like guard and orks. Lots of shots coming from a relatively small force, and it can take out vehicles as an added bonus.

Overall, fireknife is probably the best. Deathrain is good against vehicles, and burning eye is good against termies and marines, but everything else is pretty bad (not a big fan of fusion or bursts for the most part, as they aren't very flexible).
Old 13 Aug 2005, 01:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Shirrin

I personally like to take different configurations for all my suits. *Most disagree with this tactic, but it makes your army much more well rounded. *As for their actual set up, I use a bit of everything. *Missile pods for high strength, burst cannons for high rate of fire, and plasma for low ap. *Usually i take at least two missile pods and plasma rifles, one of each is usually twinlinked.
Old 13 Aug 2005, 02:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

BC-MP-MT is a great Guardbuster - a pair of them can chew through huge squads with ease.

Against Marines my prefered combo is:
TL Plasma, Shield
TL Plasma, Shield
TL Missiles, Target Lock

Gives you plenty of save negating goodness, and can crack Rhinos relatively easily, as well as giving survivability against pesky Krak missiles or Lascannons.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...4205#msg144205
As far as commanders go, this is the definative equipment guide.
Old 13 Aug 2005, 19:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have once used a sick amount of crisis in a 3v3 game (15) all equipped with Fireknife. My total list was really stupid, something like 15 Crisis, 12 FW, and 3 HH in a 1000 point army. CHEESE... I like Fireknife better than anyother config for the sole reason that everyone I play uses SMurfs.

I'm right behind you!

Never look back at what you have done. If you do you might not see the tree in front of you.
Old 13 Aug 2005, 19:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would warn (from personal experience) that the fireknife is overrated! Sure, they're versatile, but they can't hit the broad side of a barn with their weapons when it counts. You've got a large, 3 suit unit running around, and only 1, maybe two of them will actually do the job you need at the time you need it. (Between missing, wounding rolls, and saves/armor values)

That's barely enough to rely on for the sake of focused firepower.

If you take markerlights however, the usefulness of suits like the Fireknife becomes viable again.

If you don't want to take markerlights, I'd suggest twin-linked weaponry, with a support system, or just a plain old flamer to save points. (This applies mostly to Elite suits, by the way)

Most of the points I could make a bout HQs have already been made above. Skip out on the Shas'o, twin link a weapon, grab another, and hardwire a multi-target into them. This is for general purpose/take all commers suits. Against certain army matchups, certain suit types will be superior. Have some fun experimenting and figuring it out
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to xv15 kill team

i like fireknife because i am very big on markerlights ;Di love my pathfinders ;D

unfortunatly i made the mistake of hiring constuction workers who are high school dropouts with 5 o clock shadows and generaly only answer to "hey fatty" or "stop urinating on my property or im calling the police!". But they stand around and spit alot so i figure they must be halfway decent construction workers...
Old 13 Aug 2005, 20:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I usually use Plasma, Fusion, and Shield. And an HW Multi for the Vre. Im just used to fighting SMurfs and Necrons so they help out.

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Closed Thread