Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How should i set up my tau army for fighting chaos
Closed Thread
Old 12 Aug 2005, 09:26   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to aaaaaaa
Default How should i set up my tau army for fighting chaos

I am going to fight a chaos army soon how do u suggest that i set up my men (weapons, hardwired things, men to use) please help me

Ps: this isnt as urgent im also going to fight a combo of space marines Imperial gaurd and eldar
Old 12 Aug 2005, 13:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to ShasOJeff
Default Re: How should i set up my tau army for fighting chaos

You should probably be little more specific aa chaos can vary quite a bit. That's why they call it chaos. The only advice I have is to include at least one Hammerhead with ion cannon.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 14:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I would also make sure to have a squad of crisis suits deep strike with missile pods and fusion blasters and multi trackers to take out at least the one guaranteed defiler. lots of plasma and broadsides cus Armor 14 predators with 3 las cannons(1twin linked 2 regular) are not fun.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 14:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

AAAAAAA:

You can get all the help you need as soon as you provide the following:

(A) What you have at your disposal (which models, if the suits can be re-configured, vehicles, etc)
(B) Your opponent. What kind of Chaos army? Lots of vehicles? Shooting based? Assault Based?
(C) If you're fighting everyone of those armies you listed, you'd be better to shoot at the Imperial Guard.

Cheers!
Old 12 Aug 2005, 15:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yeah more info chaos army are not that hard most is just SM with good cc powers meaning stay in site your devil fish use lot of HH with ions you mite need one rail for them nasty armor 14 tanks they have or a broad side if you dont mind it dieing after it dose it job and plasma

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 12 Aug 2005, 16:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Ion cannons are going to be your friend. The only way you should not bring one or two of them is if your opponents field LOTS of vehicles.

You are going to want at least one Railhead for the guard player. He has either many tanks, and/or loads of infantry with armor 5 or 6. A railgun with submunitions can answer both of those problems. So take into account the kind of guard army and the vehicles your other opponents use. Take two ion cannons if you can, but you probably want one or two railheads as well...

What points level are you playing? Are you able to field 3 hammerheads (without being called cheesy?)
Old 12 Aug 2005, 21:42   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

ok i have 2 hammerhead 3 squad of frie warriors 2 squad of kroot 6 xv8 crisis battle suits 4 broadside battle suits 2 path finders with rail rifles and 3 normal and 1 shasui 4 stealth men and 1 stealth leader 2 kroot shapers comander osharve Tau eatheral castle and aunshi tau eatheral 2 delfish 4 kroot hounds

he has 1 predetor 1 demon priince a lord in terminator amor a sorceror 3 squads of termiantors ( 1 champion to each squad 1 heavy flamer to each and 1 reaper auto cannon to each) 1 obliterator 2 normal squads a bike squad 1 squad of khornes bezekas and a world eater aspiring champinon 2 raptor squads a night lord hero and 8 night lords.

i also hav 2 squads of them human dudes.

I am going to fight a chaos army soon how do u suggest that i set up my men (weapons, hardwired things, men to use) please help me

Ps: this isnt as urgent im also going to fight a combo of space marines Imperial gaurd and eldar
Old 12 Aug 2005, 21:56   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i also have 4 kroot krootex
Old 13 Aug 2005, 01:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Take an ion cannon on a hammerhead. Take two, unless you need the railgun or submunitions. Ion cannon shots absolutely chew up those super-expensive chaos marines and terminators. You want to make sure they die? Take the pathfinders too. In my experience against chaos, Kroot can only hold in combat for a turn or two at most.

You will only have one devilfish left for your firewarriors if you take pathfinders, so you will not be that mobile. It will be important to slow him down. You might want to take carbines on your fire warrior squads since they will probably be running away a lot. If you have gun drones (maybe you forgot to mention?) you can deepstrike them and take out the predator. Not much should be hanging around to protect it.

Your crisis suits are gonna want plasma/fusion/multitracker. Maybe twinlink the plasma, but you can possibly get more shots at close range if you include fusion.
Old 13 Aug 2005, 02:04   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

yes i have 24 gun drones and 5 sheild