Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

need help killin necrons
Closed Thread
Old 11 Aug 2005, 18:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to xv15 kill team
Default need help killin necrons

hey im kinda new to tau and my main opponent is my friend with a 1000 pt necron force and his necrons just wont die cause of that annoyin will be back rule and i need suggestions on how to kill em permanently,quickly ,and easily
thanks 4 any help
xv15 kill team
ko'vash tau'va!

unfortunatly i made the mistake of hiring constuction workers who are high school dropouts with 5 o clock shadows and generaly only answer to "hey fatty" or "stop urinating on my property or im calling the police!". But they stand around and spit alot so i figure they must be halfway decent construction workers...
Old 11 Aug 2005, 19:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike
Default Re: need help killin necrons

Hmm. Ionheads are helpful. Is he using a monolith? A broadside or three will send it to its death. It can be a hard fight...

Monat crisis suits are great for tying up wraiths in combat. A deathrain would be a good suit for this job, as the missiles can hurt necrons.

What sort of force is your opponent using? Can you give more details?
Old 11 Aug 2005, 19:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

he has 20 necron warriors the night bringer 3 destroyers 4 scarab swarms and 4 flayed ones i usually beat him anyway but he always asaults my hammerhead with his nightbringer and/or destroys my hammerhead and devilfish with those damned glancing hit on d6 roll of 6 gauss wepons.

unfortunatly i made the mistake of hiring constuction workers who are high school dropouts with 5 o clock shadows and generaly only answer to "hey fatty" or "stop urinating on my property or im calling the police!". But they stand around and spit alot so i figure they must be halfway decent construction workers...
Old 11 Aug 2005, 19:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Aun Ukos

If he is using the Nightbringer at that small of a points level just ignore it and kill everything that has the necron rule. He will phase out before the Nightbringer reaches your lines.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 20:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

good idea i just hope i can kill that many necrons before he reches me damn will be back

Old 11 Aug 2005, 21:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

He only has 27 Necrons? That means you only have to kill 21. Start with the destroyers. Take Pathfinders and an ionhead. Marked Ion shots usually kill 2 Necrons, count on a rail rifle for another, and save a seeker missile just in case one is still standing.

Focus your fire on one squad at a time: Destroyers then Flayed ones, then warriors--they have to be in squads of 10, which makes them easier to take out. Good luck!

http://RyanCannon.com
Old 11 Aug 2005, 22:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to DireStrike Send a message via MSN to DireStrike

Fusion guns insta-kill warriors, with no lord around. Try twinlinking a few of those... but you might prefer plasma. It depends if you can use your crisis at close range without getting them slaughtered. I would find it more useful to focus loads of fire on a warrior squad so that the whole damn thing goes down, than try to kill a few per turn so that they can't ever get back up.

Does he use 2 x 10 warriors, or 1 x 20 warrior unit? If it's 2x10, focus all your fire on one unit until it is all gone.

If it is 1 x 20, or if he keeps his units close enough to revive each other (6 inches) then you might try popping them with high strength shots like railguns and fusion to insure that they will never get back up.
Closed Thread