Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

forge wrold suits
Closed Thread
Old 11 Aug 2005, 05:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default forge wrold suits

with the 4th addition coming out sometime around Xmas (or so I've heard) i would luv it if games workshop took the XV80 class as the normal suits, cos they look so mean and they kick ass. dun get me wrong i like the old suits but these look like what the tau should be, they just kick so much ass!
i would love to hear your thoughts on this. and i dun care if the rules stay the same as the ones they have now but i just want them to use the model!

out fellas* >

Edit: No swearing please in future, you have been warned...

"they shall only know how to kill, and killing they shall do"
Old 11 Aug 2005, 06:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: forge wrold suits

I don't think anyone would give you trouble over using the commander suits like normal as long as you're not claiming any of the new rules. I agree though, all the forge world suits are leaps and bounds above the standard suits.

Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 11 Aug 2005, 07:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Brif. Dont swear, trust me

But yes the FW suits are alot better then the old ones, i just like the fact that the FW ones have the ankle supports the other dont.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 11:33   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

When the new codex comes out, i hear in spring of 2006, i think that the new battle suits varients will be included as upgrades. Since they are commander suits, only the Hq and maybe his bodyguard will be able to use them. Its will be even kewler if GW mass produces those battle suits.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 11:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

4th edition? 40k is already 4th edition. If your referring to 4th ed. version of the Tau codex, it most likely won't include Forgeworld products, unless GW are intending on producing them themselves.

Its rumoured to be out early next year (I don't like using seasons, it just causes problems for people on different sides of the world), say.. march - may? or somewhere around then. Refer to the Tau Codex thread in the 40k Rumours board for more info.

But yeah, the FW suits are soo much better than the GW ones..
Old 11 Aug 2005, 11:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

they are rumoured to be redesigning the legs of suits, at least.

All they need now is a more flowing organic chest, shoulder guards, and a more flowing head.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 11 Aug 2005, 12:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

A Forgeworld model has never in all recorded history been incorporated into the standard GW ruleset. Perhaps we'll see a first... but just going by precedent... probably not.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 11 Aug 2005, 12:25   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0nkaTruckDriver
A Forgeworld model has never in all recorded history been incorporated into the standard GW ruleset. Perhaps we'll see a first... but just going by precedent... probably not.
I'm with you here. But hopefully this won't keep GW from upgrading their suits to include variants for commanders, bodygaurd and shas'vre--something to denote rank on the battlefield, perhaps. The will also (hopefully) include new battlesuit types and different battlesuit options.

http://RyanCannon.com
Old 11 Aug 2005, 23:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

As a convertor, I can only dream of such new additions to the sprues.....
Old 12 Aug 2005, 00:27   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

sorry for the swearing boyz.

its good to see that I'm not the only one who feels the way about the FW suits. the reason they looks so good, i think is because they flow and the arms look like there holding the guns which i reckon is better.

but yeh i agree with you on the fact that fw models have never become a gw model... but we can only hope.

and yeh i ment 4th ed. sorry about that. theres a lot of hype about it but Ive seen nothin so far :P so I'm hoppin that it will turn out to be somethin decent.

"they shall only know how to kill, and killing they shall do"
Closed Thread