Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How to arm Forge World commanders (XV81, XV84 and XV89)
Closed Thread
Old 05 Aug 2005, 09:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default How to arm Forge World commanders (XV81, XV84 and XV89)

Well as most of you already read report from Tonka (By the way great thank to him), about new Forgeworld Commanders. It is lading to question how to arm them for most benefit.

So what anyone suggest?

So XV81 as it have SMS and it need to have another two weapons hardpoint filled then:

-Shas EL with SMS, and TL weapon (burst cannon seems to be best, but missile pod is not bad either). Then HW Multi tracker.

XV 84, it is normal crisi that have in adiition marker light so.
I was thinking about config:

-Shas'O (for better to hit ratio with Mark) Missile pod, plasma and anything with it (i prefer shield generator and HW multi tracker + HW BSF)
It could be easily complemented with deathrain bodyguards if you do not have free elites for them.

And XV89, as it have unreliable assault move i vould rather prefer to avoid this variant, but there is at least something.

-Commander with this config should be armed with longest range weapons possible as it could be problem to execute JSJ manuevr reliably, so i would stick with fireknife (or soem TL variant of it)
Old 05 Aug 2005, 13:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: How to arm Forge World commanders (XV81, XV84 and XV89)

Hmm I'd say..

XV81 - Probably what you had, a twin linked system that is, in addition to a HW MT. TL weapons - missile pods? (Thats a lot of shots coming from this suit in one turn), same with burst cannons.. plasma would be fairly expensive and a bit unnecessary, being 1 shot..
XV84 - Doesn't this have inbuilt target lock as well? In which case I'd go for longer ranged weapons, some variation of the fireknife config, and to make the most of the suit, it'd be accompanied by a bodyguard/crisis suit squad of similar config.
XV89 - Most likely ranged weapons as you said, though from the pic on forgeworld it only has two weapons. Either way, maybe a deathrain/fireknife config..
Old 05 Aug 2005, 16:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well...
XV81 - I'd have to say that TWed weapons are pointless if you can just get a Targetting Array as a Shas'el, to boost your accuracy for both weapons, and take up the same number of slots. So...SMS, Burst Cannon/Missiles, TArray, HW Multi-Tracker. Much 2+ goodness ^_^.
XV84 - I'd agree with maCe with this, but I'd say that the configuration doesn't matter too much as long as it improves the flow of the rest of the army. The design makes them out as more support than front-stage players.
XV89 - I don't really like this one (I'd have prefered T5 instead of Sv2+), but as is, I guess maybe Missiles plus Burst? Pretty risky to put plasma on, as they're a bit more expensive now, and the model itself is expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
She said she can't die! She's survive even if you roast her or bake her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Should we try to boil her or fry her instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
It's foolish for people to go out on a night like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokou
I'm talking about you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimu
No, I'm not asking who's a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari
So you're admitting to being a fool?
Old 08 Aug 2005, 07:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumishi
XV81 - I'd have to say that TWed weapons are pointless if you can just get a Targetting Array as a Shas'el, to boost your accuracy for both weapons, and take up the same number of slots. So...SMS, Burst Cannon/Missiles, TArray, HW Multi-Tracker. Much 2+ goodness ^_^.
Problem is that you can have only weapons on XV81 rest must be hardwired, as it have three hardpoints one is ocupied by SMS and other two must be filled with weapons.
Then it is much harder.
Closed Thread