Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tidbits from Imperial Armor 3
Closed Thread
Old 01 Aug 2005, 23:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tidbits from Imperial Armor 3

I snagged a copy of IA3 at Gamesday Chicago this past weekend. In addition to the official rules for all the Forgeworld models (new suits, vehicles, etc), there are also entries for all of our existing suits and vehicles... with some interesting changes as well. Although not fully described in the book, they are an interesting sign of things to come with the new Tau Codex that should be released in several months.

Because of copyright concerns, Mods on this forum requested that points costs not be posted here. However, you can view a preview of the book on MTT here:

http://groups.msn.com/MechanizedTauT...33232440132565

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer them. However, please read everything that's already been posted, since I'd rather not waste my time and yours answering questions that have already been asked
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 02 Aug 2005, 00:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via Yahoo to soloplumber
Default Re: Tidbits from Imperial Armor 3

Ha Ha I knew it! When i thought of the cc on suits, i thought flachete discharger, and i was right totally awesome!
Old 02 Aug 2005, 00:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

personally i would gladly pay about $1000 on a manta. I dont even care if i ever get to use it in a game, i just want the model.

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 00:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorison
personally i would gladly pay about $1000 on a manta. I dont even care if i ever get to use it in a game, i just want the model.
That's about what it's going to cost. Apparently, a year or so ago when this was all being planned, the Forgeworld team held a seminar at a GamesDay and at the end asked the audience what they'd like to see next. One guy stood up and asked for a 40k scale Manta. The presenter thought for a minute and then reminded the guy that it would be over a meter wide and would cost in the thousands of dollars, at which point the questioner's eyes lit up, he gave 2 thumbs up and said, "HECK YEAH, SWEET!"
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
Old 02 Aug 2005, 00:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

exactly! u have seen the rules, u cant tell me it wouldnt be nice to have that fly in blow some stuff up, and then drop like four hammerheads, ur Shaso, and maybe a squad or two of XV8s behind enemy lines?

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 00:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

As much as my fluff an entire army concept is based around Manta deployed troops, I don't think it fits into 40k. All the fluff in the IA3 book speaks of Mantas swooping in, dropping a Hunter Cadre off a few kilometers out and then flying away while the Cadre goes the rest of the way under it's own power. Very rarely are Mantas described as actually being used in combat... they're just too valuable. Therefore, I have no problem playing games of 40k without one.

Old 02 Aug 2005, 00:43   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

wow talk about crazy just think if i had a sqaud of mark light drones my whole army will be hiting on 2

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 02 Aug 2005, 01:32   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

By the dates the books were created, I think the Orks and the Eldar are going to get a new Codex first.

Pyromaniac
Old 02 Aug 2005, 02:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Oooohhh..*Eyes dialate, begins to drool* Marker drones....SMS on Devilfish...Targeters on Crisis suits...God I can't wait!! MUHAHAHAHA!! Bring it beekies!!
Old 02 Aug 2005, 02:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Aw man, the only way I'm ever gonig to get a manta is by comitting a felony.

I think I'll build one out of lego, instead of the Orca I was planning.
Closed Thread