Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Not enough heads or guns
Closed Thread
Old 01 Aug 2005, 17:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Not enough heads or guns

I have noticed an alarming trend. I never have enough of the desired heads or guns I want. I have plenty of flamers and burst cannons laying around, and I have plenty of bareheaded Tau heads. I don't have extra missile pods or helmets :P

Anyone else have this problem?

Wanax
Old 01 Aug 2005, 18:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Skyblazer
Default Re: Not enough heads or guns

I never have any extra helmeted heads. The missile pods I had problems with till I got broadsides, now I have 3 extras lying around.
Old 01 Aug 2005, 20:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I get more annoyed about not having enough torsos - but GW are too tight to add 2 more torsos to the Fire Warrior kit so you can use all the parts...

~Andromidius
Old 01 Aug 2005, 20:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

Remember with every tank you buy you get one fire warrior free...well one torso and binoculars which always makes good for a quick conversion!

As for the crisis weapons that is a pain...especially seeing as you will run out fast if you want to twin link all of you suits with similar weapons. Broadside sprues are always useful, and missile pod and burst cannons can be obtained from Hammerhead Sprues depednign on what secondary weapon option you choose.

Old 01 Aug 2005, 20:25   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

There should be enough guns/heads/ and other parts to make a fully armed 12 firewarrior team. The only extra heads i have r the nonhelmeted. U can make 12 full firewarriors without any problem. There are 12 pulse rifle and about 6 carbines. For missile pods, if u not using the smart missile system with a hammer head, u got 4 missile pods to use. Every crisis nos should have 1 or 2 pods and yes the broadside teams come with them too. Just save all ur stuff in one box.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 12:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I need plasma rifles I bought another BS yesterday to get more of them.

The heads issue is because I want to create a tanker's helmet modification for my TC in the DF and HH. I don't like the bareheaded soldier idea. Having been in a tank for 3 years (armored cavalry) I certainly know how easy it is to bump your head on steel often enough to keep your helmet on.

My head modification is to create a "sterio" optics on the helmet since flying a tank around would require greater depth perception than walking/running.

I am going to use all those extra burst cannons to create a tripod mounted heavy support weapon for my FW. I know, I know...not Tau-ish, but still something to do with them.

Still could use some plasma rifles and extra helmets

Wanax
Old 02 Aug 2005, 23:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yea since ive come around to the 'Burning Eye' Crisis config (mostly because my Crisis suits crisis is that they cant hit what they aim for! > ), ive been noticing a great demand for Plasma Rifles as well...

heck, i even bought some slightly cannibalized Hammerhead Kits from a guy... and guess what was cannibalized??

about the torso thing: on the GW online store, the box of Fire Warriors description says '16 Fire Warriors'..... misadvertisement?? brutal tease??!! SURE ive got 16 of everything.. except torsos....
Old 02 Aug 2005, 23:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
about the torso thing: on the GW online store, the box of Fire Warriors description says '16 Fire Warriors'..... misadvertisement?? brutal tease??!! SURE ive got 16 of everything.. except torsos....
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...001&orignav=10

no it doesnt ???

Old 02 Aug 2005, 23:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

hmm i KNOW i saw it somewhere.. gimme time ill find the page again
Old 02 Aug 2005, 23:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I buy the Devilfish w/ Fire Warriors package, and use the firewarriors as bit fodder.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It is true that a ship is safest in harbor, but that is not why ships are built.
Closed Thread