Warhammer 40K Forum

New Tau Rumors
Old 11 Apr 2011, 06:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default New Tau Rumors

From

Bell of lost Souls

Quote:
Its time for some more out of left field rumors flying around the tubes regarding the Tau Empire. Hint, hint - these also refer to the Squats Demiurg.

via Warseer's stinger989

HQ choices are used to unlock units for troops, so a commander in a crisis suit unlocks crisis suits as troops, an etheral unlocks fire warriors, shaper unlocks kroot, demiurg commander for demiurg as troops.

crisis suits-
mostly same stats but now 3 wounds
come with every gun option and you can choose what weapon systems you fire every round. cost (land speeder + extra HB) per model, squad size max 5

broadsides-
can take network markerlights instead of the missiles on their arms

and Ghost of War adds in:

Only the commander can take a shield generator. The shield generator functions exactly like the shadowfield for the dark eldar. 2+ until missed

Also...

Drones are no longer bought as wargear. They are bought as a unit and then divided as you see fit that the start of the match. You can mix your drones when bought for the point cost needed. This addresses the Drone Squadrens etc as an option.

So you could see who your playing and decided if your shield drones are needed more on the crisis or the broadsides.

One markerlight can fire the seekers off one model. Seekers replentish and are no longer one use items. = Skyrays will be the new WIN (only able to fire one model a round.. so no chain firing tons of missiles off a skyray)

He is right, nothing is troops until you unlock it with a HQ or character.

From my understanding ... 1 markerlight = 1 unit may use it to fire missiles. Thus 1 light = 1 skyray unloading its payload, 2 for two skyrays. Also I am pretty sure they fire from the tank so they will hit the armor the ray is facing. Stinger correct me if I am wrong?

The thing I think people are missing when they compair them to longfangs is. You can hide a skyray and have it dump its payload all day long.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 11:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Oh god no... Please let this be a bad joke.
This is what happens when bad players happen to good races.
1 - They dont bring Skyrays, Piranhas and Pathfinders.
2 - They loose horribly because they are idiots.
3 - They whine the army is bad.
4 - GW buffs up the army to rediculous proportions.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 15:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If this does happen my understanding of tau will completely demolish.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 16:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nah thats all bullshit clearly let me check no it's not april first but yeah clearly bullshit i'm not bringing an ethereal just to have my firewarriors which are troops be troops how retarded is that i could understand farsight making suits troops but that ethereal thing is too dumb to be true.

same for the skyrays i love skyrays but 1 markerlight to offload it and the missiles replenish definitely not true i've seen less bullshit the last time i had diarrhea.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote