Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Horde?
Reply
Old 10 Apr 2011, 18:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Greatshaper2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Britain
Posts: 641
Default Kroot Horde?

Heck, its been a while since I made a thread.

I've recently been thinking, once I've sorted out my CSM and daemons I should create a kroot horde.

I know what you thinking: "idiout, kroot are rubbish and they have no armour!"
But, since they cost only 7 pts per model you could have loads in one squad! it would work, and maybe i could throw in a broadside or two for fire support, but convert it to a kroot broadside.

Any thoughts?
__________________
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2011, 19:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
maddosammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greater Manchester,England,Great Britain
Posts: 661
Default

i hate to say this byt it's already been done by my friend Craig and don't underestimate it, it's absolutly greet on the board and is modeling is pretty good aswell.

i'll have to keep bugging him to join Tau Online and post some models that he has made.
__________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2011, 23:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 199
Default

Its tricky to make them work against the things of T5 or greater... and against t4 +3 armor, its very much luck based success more than anything else. While I do love kroots, I believe they were meant mostly for a support role (which they perform at exceptionally well of course). Over-reliance on them usually leaves a few weaknesses in your overall battleplan.
tehlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2011, 00:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 937
Default

For fun absolutely for actual competition I'm afraid they cant be relied upon without the Tau. That being said I do field a massive kroot squad with 20 kroot, 12 kroot hounds and a krootox which my opponents cannot afford to ignore, some have and have seriously regretted it. But it is also supported by a large tau force and vespid assault/flanking troops.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2011, 17:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
maddosammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greater Manchester,England,Great Britain
Posts: 661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
For fun absolutely for actual competition I'm afraid they cant be relied upon without the Tau. That being said I do field a massive kroot squad with 20 kroot, 12 kroot hounds and a krootox which my opponents cannot afford to ignore, some have and have seriously regretted it. But it is also supported by a large tau force and vespid assault/flanking troops.
oh they can be rellied on because trust me that mate i was talking about ended up being able to win a sizeable campaign with his kroot force and no tau force whatever though he does have vespids.
__________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2011, 19:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Antisocialnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddosammo View Post
oh they can be rellied on because trust me that mate i was talking about ended up being able to win a sizeable campaign with his kroot force and no tau force whatever though he does have vespids.
i don't really see how thats possible against a pure kroot force a landraider is literally indestructible.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2011, 20:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
maddosammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greater Manchester,England,Great Britain
Posts: 661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisocialnerd View Post
i don't really see how thats possible against a pure kroot force a landraider is literally indestructible.
well i say it was pure kroot he still had the broadside's count as that were just krootified and the devil fisk that were also count as models. where also krootified all i meant is that there were not tau models that where used as actual models
and the kroot were given Tau ish weapons although they where house rules
so my previous post was kind of wrong in a scence my apologisie
__________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2011, 21:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Antisocialnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddosammo View Post
well i say it was pure kroot he still had the broadside's count as that were just krootified and the devil fisk that were also count as models. where also krootified all i meant is that there were not tau models that where used as actual models
and the kroot were given Tau ish weapons although they where house rules
so my previous post was kind of wrong in a scence my apologisie
....sigh i don't even know what to say mad.......how can we take something like that seriously your devilfish is kroot now because you what stuck a kroot bumper sticker on it?

please either state your referring to made up rules when you make statements on whats probably a semi serious topic or keep it to the appropriate boards.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2011, 05:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 199
Default

I love how his statements did a complete 180 regarding his tone of legitimacy.

Maddos, using a codex that is otherwise not official GW material, and saying it can be relied on to win is a weak argument. Such materials are intended for fun in your group of friends, not to be played seriously at events. You can't rely on it to win in such settings because it is obviously not allowed to be played in a legitimate tournament.
tehlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2011, 07:32   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Greatshaper2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Britain
Posts: 641
Default

A kroot horde, it works for orks doesn't it?
__________________
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On