Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis suit paint scheme
Old 09 Apr 2011, 15:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Crisis suit paint scheme

Here is my first fully painted XV8 "Crisis" suit
I'd like to know what you think of the colour scheme and paintjob.
Note that no highlighting was done on it, and I used Blood Red for the lights on the antennae and the eyes, which looks orange in these photos but that's because of the lighting. I used more secondary colours than is custom, but I think it came out well

I used a secret black undercoat, Adeptus Battlegrey, Dark Angels Green and Blood Red.

Comment and rate, please!

Pictures are sideways, sorry

Hudoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2011, 16:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well the paint job is smooth and consistent so no one can say it's a bad paint job but grey by very definition is well...grey very bland and very boring i highly recommend painitng the missile tips and sensors on the multitracker anything you can do to get more colour into it.

You've done a good paintjob but made a disastrous paint selection (in my opinion)

I'm sure a necron player would love it ^_^

Have a look at my Hq Not fully finished either but very close

You may not be able to see it but there are human skulls and imperial gurad helmets and some equipment on the base which i thought was cool

Last edited by Antisocialnerd; 09 Apr 2011 at 23:28.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2011, 22:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You've done a good job with the paint job itself and would probably look best in an urban background battlefield. An interesting note though I use many of the same colors but reversed: Dark Angels Green for the bulk with adeptus grey for highlights with blood red and ice blue for the electronics, chaos black for a few part like knees and joints and golden yellow for my missiles heads sticking out of the launchers. But thats me, I just found it interesting our main colors were the same but reversed in pattern. Good smooth job on the paint job though.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2011, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
You've done a good job with the paint job itself and would probably look best in an urban background battlefield. An interesting note though I use many of the same colors but reversed: Dark Angels Green for the bulk with adeptus grey for highlights with blood red and ice blue for the electronics, chaos black for a few part like knees and joints and golden yellow for my missiles heads sticking out of the launchers. But thats me, I just found it interesting our main colors were the same but reversed in pattern. Good smooth job on the paint job though.
That is funny. And I didn't ask anyone about it, or didn't even get the idea off the internet or anything, I just thought it up...

Since posting these pictures I have coloured the bumps on the multitracker green, missile heads red, and washed the whole model in Gryphonne Sepia which gave it a fantastic "battle-worn" look. Might upload pics tomorrow.

Anti, i like what you did with your HQ meaning the wings and overkill equipment, but I can see clearly why you would call my colour scheme "bland." It's just the fact that mine is much more realism-orientated, while you like cartoony-looking bright colour combos. I mean no offence through this, I'm just saying that we've got different tastes.

Last edited by Hudoste; 10 Apr 2011 at 17:37.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 17:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Anti, i like what you did with your HQ meaning the wings and overkill equipment, but I can see clearly why you would call my colour scheme "bland." It's just the fact that mine is much more realism-orientated, while you like cartoony-looking bright colour combos. I mean no offence through this, I'm just saying that we've got different tastes
He has got a point, I like Hudoste's because it doesn't stand out that much on a battlefield and the colours work well together.
But your HQ seems to be...it looks like...a transformer, I can find no other way to describe it. Yes, you have done a good job in the way of conversion but maybe you could re-do the paint job.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 18:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudoste View Post
Anti, i like what you did with your HQ meaning the wings and overkill equipment, but I can see clearly why you would call my colour scheme "bland." It's just the fact that mine is much more realism-orientated, while you like cartoony-looking bright colour combos. I mean no offence through this, I'm just saying that we've got different tastes.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
He has got a point, I like Hudoste's because it doesn't stand out that much on a battlefield and the colours work well together.
But your HQ seems to be...it looks like...a transformer, I can find no other way to describe it. Yes, you have done a good job in the way of conversion but maybe you could re-do the paint job.
I totally hear both of you and agree of course she's way out there but one of the reasons i choose to play Tau is because i'm a big fan of anime and so i'm trying to make my army as big bright mecha anime style as possible are they realistic not a chance in fact how would she even fit her fat ass out the door ^_^

It's all the different tastes and styles that make the world go round right like the red baron i want my enemies to see me coming a mile away and shit their pants when they do.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 18:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisocialnerd View Post
and

I totally hear both of you and agree of course she's way out there but one of the reasons i choose to play Tau is because i'm a big fan of anime and so i'm trying to make my army as big bright mecha anime style as possible are they realistic not a chance in fact how would she even fit her fat ass out the door ^_^

It's all the different tastes and styles that make the world go round right like the red baron i want my enemies to see me coming a mile away and shit their pants when they do.
Hehe, agreed the Crisis suits look so much like Gundams

Old 10 Apr 2011, 18:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudoste View Post
Hehe, agreed the Crisis suits look so much like Gundams
Then i did exactly what i intended

Old 10 Apr 2011, 18:30   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah, I thought you did

Old 10 Apr 2011, 18:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ok, i'm confused now, which one is the battlesuit again?