Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

historical and tactical comparisons
Old 08 Apr 2011, 19:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default historical and tactical comparisons

You know after the comments with Maddo I was thinking of an old question I had when I was first restarting to play and first playing Tau at all. There are always instances of friendly fire in warfare, I've lived through it and Maddo obviously had something in his mind, probably from his dad'scarrer in the armed forces. My thought was this because it made sense to me, there have been times in history where commanders, knowing their unit was doomed or seeing a friendly unit was about to be wiped out ordered fire on their own or on friendly poisitions. In that case as reference would it really be that out of mindset to push a small drone squad, like the 2 drones surviving a vehicle crash, forward into CC to delay and enemy unit and then while they are locked in CC rain fires in on the effectively pinned unit? I know personally, from the perspective of a firewarrior most of my squad having been cut to pieces by a SM squad and knowing my doom is coming I'm gonna die, shoot these @##%*!^#. If I'm killed by friendly fire and these guys go with me at least none of my friends and battle budies will fall to them after me.

Then again I'm insane and have been declared clinically dead in action twice already lol.

Thoughts, comments or other insights?
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 19:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Talking

well you already know my view on it and it's not just my father it's my whole families view.

Anyway yeh that brings a question to my mind who many people have actually ending up killing you own units through a blast weapon scattering

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 20:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've not to date though it has come close a few times. Though really, loose living breathing troops or fire into those drones, I'm blowing some equipment.
Old 08 Apr 2011, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yeah some drones are expendable

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 20:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well in the case of Tau it can certainly be justified "for the greater good" they will sacrifice drones or men in order to save armies or worlds.

Imperial guard would do it no doubt since the average imperial guardsmen is considered all but valueless

same foe the evils like chaos dark eldar etc.

the only army that might actually genuinely not do it is Eldar since their almost approaching extinction and value individual eldar life the most.

It's always annoyed me as a Tau player that i can't shoot into a CC group with my own guys with a say 50/50 chance of wounding my own guys etc but it's perfectly ok for a SM player to lash in another group into it.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2011, 20:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisocialnerd View Post
Well in the case of Tau it can certainly be justified "for the greater good" they will sacrifice drones or men in order to save armies or worlds.

Imperial guard would do it no doubt since the average imperial guardsmen is considered all but valueless

same foe the evils like chaos dark eldar etc.

the only army that might actually genuinely not do it is Eldar since their almost approaching extinction and value individual eldar life the most.

It's always annoyed me as a Tau player that i can't shoot into a CC group with my own guys with a say 50/50 chance of wounding my own guys etc but it's perfectly ok for a SM player to lash in another group into it.
Or just be able to fire in and any missed shot, not shots that hit but fail to wound or wound but armor saves get made, missed shots having to be rerolled to see if they hit your own guys.
Old 08 Apr 2011, 20:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
Or just be able to fire in and any missed shot, not shots that hit but fail to wound or wound but armor saves get made, missed shots having to be rerolled to see if they hit your own guys.
honestly i'd be happy with any system nearly it's retarded to have a full squad of firewarriors having to scratch their hole because a couple of drones/guys managed to survive a round of CC knowing their next
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote