Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hidden devastating rule found in codex
Old 22 Mar 2011, 02:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Exclamation Hidden devastating rule found in codex

Hello, sorry for my second post with another post still running but I found something very shocking in my codex that practically shatters all my army lists.
On page 25 underneath the section in the battle armoury where it shows you all the points. Theres a small paragraph labelled Twin-linked battlesuits weapons systems. Now most people just skip over this secton because they know it. But, The 2nd last sentance reads this "A single-mounted weapon counts as a single battlesuit weapon system, and a twin-linked counts as two". Does this mean we can fire only one. In addition, under page 26 underneath multi-tracker, it states the this battlesuit support system allows the model to fire 2 battlesuit weapons systems in a single turn. I dont want to have to take a multi tracker as much as the next guy.
BUT in the rulebook ,under page 31, underneath the twin-linked weapons section of the second paragraph it says this, "A set of twin-linked weapons counts as a single weapon of that type." and I cant remember where but somewhere in the rulebook it says that the army codex rules out anything to rulebook says if the codex says something over top of it. Does this mean that we will have to have a multi tracker on our crisis suits to fire twin linked weapons. Or can we ignore this rule and regard it as a typo.
Either way I will not take a multi tracker in addition, but I want to know what you guys here a TO have to say about this subject.

Last edited by krashton1; 22 Mar 2011 at 02:13. Reason: editing
krashton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 02:17   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

No no nooo.
It's 2 in that it takes up tWo choices but it's still the one weapon. Your deathrains will be fine the way they are
Splatterfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 03:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah Two of the same weapon counts as a SINGLE twin linked weapon of that type for game porposes however it takes up two of your 3 battlesuit hardpoints.
Quote-Ork Codex-"Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? we the Eldar or the Humans? and why? Because we sought answers to questions an Ork wouldnt even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."
KuroRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 16:11   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

It's basically so you don't choose twin-linked weapons as one weapon and then take 2 more, that would be too much. They count as two weapons when filling up weapon slots, but they are normal twin-linked weapons, i.e. fires once, but rerolls non-hits.

Hudoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2011, 21:25   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

ok i see, thanks. I thought I found some rule Ive never known about before.
krashton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2011, 03:54   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i'm curious as to what battle suit support systems one would equip if using a single twin linked weapon since you wouldn't need a mutli-tracker...
Tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2011, 06:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Can I butt in with an own codex question? (Instead of creating a new thread).

On the page 29 I have a question regarding the Networked markerlight. It says "Unlike a normal markerlight, the operator's own unit may benefit from its use". Doesn't every unit with a markerlight benefit from its use...? I don't get it.
Last q: can a Tau FW leader firing his markelight also shoot with his weapon or is it "either or"?
Gondur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2011, 08:30   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

When firing in a squad everything fires first, but in the markerlight case, it is shot before the rest of the squad giving that unit the benefit if you want it to.

2nd question, it's one or the other
Splatterfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2011, 08:34   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

yeah this is a bit of a grey area for me too. as far as i understand, my FW leader with his ML shoots with his own unit but his ML shot can't be used to buff his own unit. whereas lets say a marker drone can buff his own unit. am i on the right track?
Tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2011, 10:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sorry Splatterfest, but I didn't quite got the answer I was after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
my FW leader with his ML shoots with his own unit but his ML shot can't be used to buff his own unit.
Exactly what I'm after.
Gondur is offline   Reply With Quote