Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

rants and raves continued
Old 21 Mar 2011, 17:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default rants and raves continued

continued fro drop pod army list

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2011, 18:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

So now that we have our own thread WTF was this tournament before guard got their fifth edition codex or how could that position be justified.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2011, 18:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisocialnerd View Post
So now that we have our own thread WTF was this tournament before guard got their fifth edition codex or how could that position be justified.
we were playing3v3 i had 2 new comers as i was the most experienced of all the school players and so i hada bit morestuff and i was up against three pretty good imperium player's imperial guard inqusition (grey nights) and spacemarines
All had 5th ed codex or to that extent.

the first turn i was doing okay killed a few squads of conscripts/penal legion squads (was one of them) and then the old ordanance came into play.

Sir winston Churchill

Last edited by maddosammo; 21 Mar 2011 at 18:29.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 19:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

and let me guess demolishers battlecannons and whatever else the guys could legally feild but in a completely disproportionate way, blew away squad after squad after squad in the same way or worse that flamers do to orks.

I know how you feel. basically what happened was some guy used a used a fething armoured company list at my local GW. no fewer than ten tanks including vanquishers and demolishers were faced against my tau. not too bad you may think...WRONG.

it was a 2v2 and this group of three people hooked me up with a necron player. once again you would of thought that would help but he ws killed before firing a single shot off from his warriors and his nightbringer only managed to kill an avatar and stun a wave serpant. but the most enfuriating bit is how he just chose to destroy all intervening terrain on the board before they finally pounded the feth out of me.

In a nutshell, one cheesey list played by a cheesey player under cheesey circumstances and the only way he knew he could get away with it is because most people wont turn around and tell him to go gak himself. It was his attitude in general on the day that really shook me. some of you may think im be ing a real twat right now but I can assure you that whether i have put my point across well or not it is not without good reason

As someone playing on others good will, with no intention other than to slaughter his enemy and he really takes the fun out of the hobby and the amount of pressure he put me under just to build a list in 2 minutes hardly left me with any options either (beleive me this game alone made me feel like giving up the hobby until i shook it off and realised it was a hardly fair fight)

Last edited by ColdShadow; 21 Mar 2011 at 19:20.
ColdShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2011, 19:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No your definitely right i really hate ultra competitive players who just seek out every possible advantage they can to the detriment of the game it's supposed to be fun a GAME or to some more of a hobby.

fortunately by playing Tau i generally end up at the lower end of the tournament tables with the fluff based non competitive armies so it's not much of a problem for me.

Although a cheeky way to piss off ultra competitive space wolves players is to do everything you can to make them break one of their oaths and even if you lose you can always say

"I have taken away your honor space wolf a loss more devastating than any defeat."

Of course if his not into the fluff at all you might just end up looking a plank so suss him/her out beforehand a bit.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 20:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i know what you mean the next game just too show them that it was a fluex i played the 1 v 3 and totaly won i just scraped in by one unit not leggin it an the sniper drones killing the last rhino on the board ( that time he still had ordanance bloody bastar')

Sir winston Churchill

Old 22 Mar 2011, 16:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ADVERTISEMENT SPAM ALERT! Anyone feel like changing the rant to something about VIPEAKMILLER or should we just damn him in our own minds and keep on topic
Old 22 Mar 2011, 17:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdShadow View Post
ADVERTISEMENT SPAM ALERT! Anyone feel like changing the rant to something about VIPEAKMILLER or should we just damn him in our own minds and keep on topic
His just a spam bot you can't hurt his feelings.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 18:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

oh i made this thread to rant and rave about my game so i didn'y get of track so can we please get back on track

Sir winston Churchill

Old 22 Mar 2011, 19:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

okay yeah shell we turn our attention back to the butt end of 40k players...admittedly they are so replusive we wont be looking at them for long but still...

honestly one of the reasons i scarsely attend gamesworkshop stuff is because the chances of me winning or at least having fun with hypercompetitive players devising unbeatable ways to win games and destroy their opponents are very small. a list of times I have had fun though
Massive apoc battle with 10-15 players per side (no real room for competitiveness there)
Apoc tank battle followed by individual baneblad vs stompa battles
when I went in and played with a fantasy army