Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

So new army new tatics
Old 09 Mar 2011, 20:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default So new army new tatics

copied from BOLS

Nemesis Force Sword: +1 to existing invulnerable saves.
Nemesis Force Halberd: +2 initative.
Nemesis Force Stave: Grants a 2+ invulnerable save versus close combat wounds.
All NFWs have Daemonbane: ignoring eternal warrior for daemons and psykers.
Brotherhood Banner: 25 points +1 attack to all models in the unit, and automatically pass force weapon pyschic tests.
Psybolt Ammo: gives +1 Strength to Stormbolters,Hurricane bolters,Heavy bolters, Auto Cannons and Assault cannons. ~OUCH!!!
Psycannon: S7 AP4 Assault 2, Heavy 4, Rending.
Heavy Psycannon: S7 AP4 Large Blast, Rending.
Heavy Incinerator: Operates like the Hellhound's Inferno cannon.
Nemesis Greatsword: S:6 allowing rerolls to hit and wound.
DK Daemonhammer: S:10 Thunderhammer.
Psilencer: R:24" S:4 AP- Heavy 6 Gatling Psilencer has the same stats excepts it's Heavy 12. Psilencers always wounds Daemons on a roll of a 4+ unless the score required to wound would normally be less.

can you say OMGWTFBBQMYTAUA$$
Old 09 Mar 2011, 20:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

We'll have to see the Codex properly such as the point costs of this most of that weaponry can only be fitted to the new Dreadknight it may cost a ton.

For me at the the moment the brotherhood banner is most troublesome the army also seems to be specialized against daemons as you would expect so much of that may not come into play against normal armies particularly Tau which as we have no psykers or abilities of that nature.

It's all down to the Dreadknights and how much they cost.

After that it'll be a reasonably standard Space marine type force on par with the others for the most part i'd say no need to freak out just yet.

actually forget that banner how many attacks they have is of no consequence to tau since even a basic SM owns our asses in CC it's just the dreadknight and as long as it has a weak rear armour max 12 and my broadsides have a reasonable chance at it's front and it costs an appropriate amount of points then we have nothing to fear.

since we'll give these dreadknights the same response we give all armour

BROADSIDES..............fire at will

Last edited by Antisocialnerd; 09 Mar 2011 at 21:23.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2011, 21:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well yea but that's going to be difficult to deal with. I'm thinking this is going to be THE assulting SM marien army that can assault with the best of them. I can see they are probibly trying to make up for combat knives with giving them extra attacks. And at least one rule that doesn't affect us at all (unless our new codex goes agienst everything and we get psykers of some type). The thing that has me worried is the psybolt ammo. Which could be limited but if not then I don't want to hear anyone complaining about the Str of our weapons.

**EDIT**

Also wodering about the dreadknight that they have shown the model for. I'm assuming he is the one that gets the Nemesis Greatsword. He looks awesome. However I'm more wondering if it's going to be a walker or a troop like our crisis suits.

Last edited by newdigitalblue; 09 Mar 2011 at 21:32.
newdigitalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2011, 21:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Looking at the codex now it's worse than i thought terminators seem to be able to equip at least some of the nemesis weapons

as for the dreadknights themselves it would seem they are monstrous creatures with 2+ armour 4+ invulnerable and an unprecedented 7 toughness

and it's coming in at 130 points it's weapons are expensive enough though so hmm hah i don't know at least it doesn't have fleet or anything and it's not jump infantry either though it can teleport.

oh and it's heavy support.

Other than some unusual force slots like stormraven gunships as fast attack and terminators as troops it seems reasonable though i have to look into the psychic powers in more depth and naturally their more unique troops.

Last edited by Antisocialnerd; 09 Mar 2011 at 21:47.
Old 09 Mar 2011, 21:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Good info I won't be able to take a look until I get home... where did you look up the codex? I wasn't too sure it was already out.
Old 09 Mar 2011, 22:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i looked it up on torrent it's not a complete codex only the unit section and points if you want i can upload it and give you the link tomorrow if you like maybe tonight

same goes for anyone else also i just realised that thanks to it's toughness and invulnerability and that it has four wounds it's going to take statistically 8 lascannons to take one out or rail guns in our case so thats a big worry thats like 600 points of firepower for a 130 point base cost unit.

i don;t think we have anything that can realistically take out one of those due to toughness a torrent of 5,5 will have to get him rolling ones and us rolling 6's so thats no good in anything less than sickening amounts same for anything else more or less such

missile pods the number we can field is somewhat limited considering only one in six will get through so they are no good imagine it an entire squad of deathrains for a 50/50 shot of one wound

plasma rifles are wounding on a 5 assuming they hit and 50/50 chance of getting past the invulnerable sheez WTF what are we going to use to kill it CC is out of the question even though it's clear the best way to kill this thing is CC with power weapons like powerfists.

oh and pm sent to you with the codex anyone else want it pm me well i'm going to sleep thinking about how to counter this thing.

Last edited by Antisocialnerd; 09 Mar 2011 at 22:23.
Old 09 Mar 2011, 23:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Simple answer... a new codex with awesomeness.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 21:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

maxxed fire warrior squads are officially going to suck against it... wounding on 6's? fffffff we MIGHT get 2-3 wounds if they get markerlight support... and then he has his saves...

best shot would be to simply throw crap in its way and kill everything else.
tehlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2011, 21:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehlegend View Post
maxxed fire warrior squads are officially going to suck against it... wounding on 6's? fffffff we MIGHT get 2-3 wounds if they get markerlight support... and then he has his saves...

best shot would be to simply throw crap in its way and kill everything else.
Yeah the only real Tactic i can think of so far is to go for his troop choices ignore/outmaneuver the dreadknight and claim the objectives.

Markerlights will have to revamped to bestow the sniper rule if firewarriors are going to be effective against this type of unit.

Which isn;t a big ask since 10 point ratlings get it automatically in the imperial guard codex a better gun and stealth with a stat line similar to a firewarriors.

This isn't the place for it but yeah for the first time i see no remedy other than a new codex.

still it'll be a few months till the grey knights get fielded in large amounts maybe i'll think of something or maybe the outside chance the codex i have is wrong.

Last edited by Antisocialnerd; 10 Mar 2011 at 21:48.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 14:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah I'm only seeing one course of action to dealing with this, broadside squad fire at will.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote