Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

burst cannon spam
Old 05 Feb 2011, 00:50   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default burst cannon spam

So this is not really a serious competative question but kinda seems like it could be slightly effective-ish...... Spamming burst cannons to get a huge amount of fire power at least in quanity, and use the railguns to take out larger targets, this is strictly for fun but thought I'd ask for some opinions... Thanks
OrangeSmurf321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2011, 07:15   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'd prefer rapid fire PR
Splatterfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2011, 08:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The Burst cannon is a highly effective weapon against anything squishier than transports.
But it really depends on what the rest of your army looks like.
You can do an army with 100+ S5 AP5 shots however the flaw of this build is that if your big stuff goes down before your opponents your in trouble. On the other hand if you have too few of those shots some armies will give you problems because you have a hard time effectively grinding down the enemy infantry squads who can take out tanks.

I have played those 100+ S5 AP 5 shot armies and been successful with them but I have also tried falling short because my Broadsides and Hammerheads hit the dust before the enemy tanks.
Old 05 Feb 2011, 10:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If you put them on moblie suits ST5 is effective against anything but a landraider since you can outmaneuver with your suits etc and hit rare 10 armour the REAL problem is if your opponent can outmaneuver you like eldar
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2011, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If facing Eldar or dark Eldar I always make sure to take the AFP with me just for that large template no cover hit. But that is just me.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2011, 08:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If your facing a large horde army (orks, IG etc etc) then it can be really effective. because you get the assault 3 type to hit multiply targets, its strength 6 so against targets with toughness 3 its instant death.
Old 09 Feb 2011, 19:59   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
If your facing a large horde army (orks, IG etc etc) then it can be really effective. because you get the assault 3 type to hit multiply targets, its strength 6 so against targets with toughness 3 its instant death.
Burst Cannons are STR 5. >_>
VeiledMalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2011, 21:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

hehe shaper second time you get corrected on clearly stated rules what's up with that? :-P
Old 09 Feb 2011, 21:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdigitalblue View Post
hehe shaper second time you get corrected on clearly stated rules what's up with that? :-P
I think greatshaper maybe FIBS when he plays maybe so much he believes his own rules lol.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2011, 01:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I plan to do this with XV9s, take a couple of 3 suit squads all equiped with the standard 2 twin linked burst cannons and deep strike them on top of squishy units to pump out 36 shots with re-rolls. I just did the dice rolling and killed 16 GEq in a single round of shooting. Not to mention i plan on taking the XV9 commander as well to bring some more versatile firepower to support the squads.
Quote-Ork Codex-"Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? we the Eldar or the Humans? and why? Because we sought answers to questions an Ork wouldnt even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."
KuroRyu is offline   Reply With Quote