Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HQ Crisis suit assault movement into a building
Old 01 Feb 2011, 20:13   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default HQ Crisis suit assault movement into a building

I played in a Apocalypse battle a few days ago. During my movement phase I moved towards the Fortress of Redemption door (the only access point), then ran 5" get to the door and then during my assault move I moved into the building. When I asked about the "judge" about doing it, he frist said no only infantry can move into a building. I showed him that my codex said the HQ crisis suit was a jump infantry. He allowed me to move into the building.

The other player (Orks) that would have been right by the door, questioned my assault movement to enter the building. This move tied the game.

My question is, can Crisis suit move into buildings (via the door) during the assault move? and can they enter building at all?

Thanks.
Artiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2011, 21:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well if you do it during the assault move it means you used your jetack so thats a dangerous terrain test i believe but i don't know about entering the building just because crisis suits are infantry doesn't mean they can do everything infantry can do an example would be getting into transports suits can't because their too big.

on the other side if the building is big enough to accommodate a suit that size why not i've read fluff where entire brigades of tanks fought inside huge imperial buildings so sure go for it just not inside grandma's cottage ok.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2011, 16:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If a unit that is jump infantry and has a jet pack, in stead of moving 12' in the movement phase, they can instead more 6' in the movement plase and another 6' in the assault phase. This is very handy if you want to move up to the enemy shoot and then dart away before they can assault you.
Old 02 Feb 2011, 20:24   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks,

I know I can jump to the top of the building, (taking a dangerous terrain test). But can I enter the building via the door in a building like "Fortress of Redemption" using my assault move. The rule for the building was stated that the only entry point was the door, so I could not jump over the wall.
Old 03 Feb 2011, 16:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Thanks,

I know I can jump to the top of the building, (taking a dangerous terrain test). But can I enter the building via the door in a building like "Fortress of Redemption" using my assault move. The rule for the building was stated that the only entry point was the door, so I could not jump over the wall.
Actually if a crisis battlesuit could jump over the wall! however they would be on the other side of the building not actually in it.
Old 03 Feb 2011, 18:32   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The building model on the table is just a representation of a building. If the rules state that you must enter through the door then you must enter through the door.

I see no reason why you would not be allowed to walk through the door.
Splatterfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2011, 12:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I dont see why the suits shouldnt be able to go through a door when using their special assault move.
However wether they can fit through the door this is roughly the way we do it around here: ''if the model can fit through the opening it can use it.'' ofcourse a tank cant be turned upside down to achieve this but infantry models can go head first.