Shas O or Shas El
Old 20 Jan 2011, 19:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Exclamation Shas O or Shas El

Hi everyone i want to know what u use most and which one you think is best
thanks in advance
Old 20 Jan 2011, 20:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I mainly use shas'el because i have a lot of markerlight support generally but if you don't you can also use a shas'el with a targeting array to get much the same thing.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 12:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to lpetersson

It seems to me, and bear in mind I'm new to Tau, that if you have either, plenty of marker light support and/or don't mind using a Weapons slot for a targeting array that you might as well take a Shas'el.

If you don't have the space for a targeting array or you're a bit short on marker lights, then I'd recommend getting a Shas'o.
In my newbie army I have two Shas'os so I can load three weapons on one and a positional relay on the other.
lpetersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 13:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

you could have a shas'el with targetting array or a shas'o with shield gen/ 3rd wep
lokyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 16:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think the strongest unit in your army should be your commander (which is why I don't use Ethereals) because he/she is at the head of your army and should always be the strongest. although others will almost certainly disagree, but its just my way of thinking, I guess its kinda a Chaos/Daemonhunter thing because they can have some awsome HQ units. Your commander needs be imposing and stand out (its also good if they have a bunch of tough looking bodyguards) and really give the impression you mean buisness.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 17:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

if you like xv's a lot you should take a look at these 2
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download.../comralai.pdf: R'alai
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...DF/R/rmyr2.pdf R'myr
Old 21 Jan 2011, 18:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

'http://www.google.nl/search?q=r%27alai&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nlfficial&client=firefo x-a
1st one for r'alai
Old 21 Jan 2011, 20:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I always field a Shas'O personally. I know I can make up for the lost abilities of a Shas'el with other stuff but it usually ends up taking more points to boost it back up. plus i can keep his stuff high, take shield generator and operate free of marker lights with a Shas'O. Having a Shas'O bouncing around their side with shield generator and whatever weapons load is right for the fight drives an opponent nuts more times than not and has often won me a fight as they try to run him down pulling troops off the main effort. but thats just my experience and input. Next.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 21:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
I always field a Shas'O personally. I know I can make up for the lost abilities of a Shas'el with other stuff but it usually ends up taking more points to boost it back up. plus i can keep his stuff high, take shield generator and operate free of marker lights with a Shas'O. Having a Shas'O bouncing around their side with shield generator and whatever weapons load is right for the fight drives an opponent nuts more times than not and has often won me a fight as they try to run him down pulling troops off the main effort. but thats just my experience and input. Next.
Now that i have a HQ that looks the part maybe i'll try this out
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2011, 09:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

so here's a thing that I wonder if it would be good. Kind of combining a few things since a shas'o is an upgrade from shas'el however it really doesn't feel like an upgrade. So i was thinking this instead of both HQ units having access to a bodyguard crisis suit what if the Shas'el can get an honor guard like an etherial and they get all the bonuses that and etherial would normally give. And then a Shas'o would be the only crisis suit with the availability to have access to crisis suit bodyguards... just the begining of an idea I'm throwing out there.