Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis combos
Old 20 Jan 2011, 08:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Crisis combos

hey guys (and girls) i want 2 know your favourite Crisis and broadside suit weapon combos
thanks in advance

Last edited by enderwiggin11; 20 Jan 2011 at 08:27.
enderwiggin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2011, 09:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Crisis suits depends on the situation but the fireknife is the most versatile plasma rifle missile pod multitracker i also quite like the helios i think it's called that fusion blaster plasma rifle multitracker but this setup is hard to keep out of CC usually i deepstrike using pathfinders behind enemy vehicles or next to termies etc.

As for broadsides generally i don;t have the points for the plasma rifles so it usually stays as SMS.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2011, 15:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have 1 broadside with the plasma rifles just in case I have the points available but generally stick with the free SMS as well (though it did work great dropping the last couple SMs from a squad that were trying to charge my broadsides at the last moment(switched to them instead of the rail gun in hopes the extra shot would be enough, it worked).

As for crisis suits it depends upon the situation but I commonly field a three suit squad who all carry TL missile pods while 2 carry flamers in their thrid slot and the team commander (I'm so bad at remembering the rank/names I know it) is magnetized and varies depending upon the foe on hand.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2011, 16:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i generally use xv 9's
and i nearly only use fireknifes on xv8's
lokyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2011, 16:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think a battlesuit should have a short range wep (Burst cannons, fusion blasters, flamers) and a long range wep (Plasma rifle, missile pod) to even things out. this way they arn't caught out in a game for lacking the right weaponry. I often turn up my games local GW not knowing who or what i will be facing, so I need to be prepeared for whatever lies ahead.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 12:04   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Twinlinked flamers can work well, they are just hard to get into a good position. I usually add a secondary long range weapon also, such as a plasma rifle. Only 26pts for this loadout, so on a shas'ui, thats 51pts for a suit.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 15:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Cool, I have a flamer on one of my crisis suits and I've only used it once, it didn't go well... so, despite me liking the idea of my enemies burning to death, it hasn't really happened...
Old 25 Jan 2011, 14:00   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hey, there are heaps and heaps of forums talking about the same thing. To be honest you'll get the same answer.

What you should be asking is which combination do now work very well, or are difficult to execute.

For example.

Fusion blasters are a great weapon but difficult to execute, twin linking them is passable but 12" range you are 1 step away from being assaulted. It's one of those weapons where the conditions must be just right for it to do anything, They are attractively cheap but having a suit do dick-all for better part of the game and then die is a waste. Missle pods cost the same and with S7 still have a good chance of damaging a vehicle. If you are coming up against something big with high armour then ur fusion blaster is the answer however if it's big enough to require that much firepower you suit will die before you get close enough. I've just not had any success with Fusion. I either get the timing right for attack but roll badly or i never get there.

Pulse rifles are bloody expensive at 20pts, but a good gun. If you want something cheap that will throw out a bit of fire, Burst cannon and Misslepods are a decent combo. especially if you TL the missile pods.

Otherwise Pulse Rifle and Missile pod is something everyone uses as a all purpose unit. Must take Targeting Array otherwise u'll be pissing into the wind.

Personally have not had much luck with fusion at all!!!

Has anyone used the AFP or the CIB (special issue guns) how did they play?
Tautastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2011, 14:31   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

but with fusion blasters shouldnt you be able to fire then retreat during the assault with your jet packs, if done properly thats 18 inches they need to catch you. pretty much hit and run, they can shoot you but thats what the saves are for.
OrangeSmurf321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSmurf321 View Post
but with fusion blasters shouldnt you be able to fire then retreat during the assault with your jet packs, if done properly thats 18 inches they need to catch you. pretty much hit and run, they can shoot you but thats what the saves are for.
thats true for standard units but anything with a jump pack fleet etc may still catch you the fusion blaster is for units that either will assault or don;t care about getting assaulted i,e Farsight squad or a squad with shield generators up it's ass
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote