Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Newbie question about Shas'o weapon choices...
Old 12 Jan 2011, 16:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to lpetersson
Default Newbie question about Shas'o weapon choices...

I was re-reading the Shas'o/Shas'el entry in the Codex and think I may have misunderstood something.
He *must* pick three weapon/support systems, but can he pick more?
I had actually planned a Shas'o with TL-PR/MP/2xShield Drones/Targeting Array but now realise that this might not be legal.
It doesn't say he can *only* take 3, but I know that explicit wording isn't GWs greatest strength...

I'm still trying to get my head around all the many heretical options available to the xeno enemies of the throne...
Ummm, I mean that are available to the devotees of the Greater Good
lpetersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2011, 17:19   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hey newbie here too but from what i was reading he must choose the initial three but then may have the others on him as long as he is a team leader for the unit then the leader can take the wargear and such, i could be wrong but thats how i understand it.
OrangeSmurf321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2011, 17:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSmurf321 View Post
hey newbie here too but from what i was reading he must choose the initial three but then may have the others on him as long as he is a team leader for the unit then the leader can take the wargear and such, i could be wrong but thats how i understand it.
Ahh it's a little more technical than that no suit may have more than three weapon or support items this is specifically the stuff from the battlesuit weapons list and the battlesuit support list you can pick only THREE things from off of those lists for example plasma rifle missile pods targeting arrays etc

Now for certain suits like TEAM LEADERS SHAS'VRE SHAS'ELS and SHASH'O's they may take items from the Battlesuit wargear list anything on that list does not count as going towards the three item limit so you can take as much of it as you want however i think theres an upper limit of 100 points on that

BUT you must always take three items from the weapon and support lists so you can't say have a suit equipped like plasma rifle missile pod hardwired multitracker hardwired target lock even though he has more than three systems only two or off the weapon and support lists so illegal

also only Shas'vre and HQ choices are allowed the special issue gear.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2011, 00:33   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

You have to take three, however hardwired items do not count towards that limit so you can take as many of those as you want you are only limited to three choices in the weapons and support systems slots. Hope this helps.
Gradejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2011, 11:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to lpetersson

Thats grand, thanks :-D
lpetersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2011, 15:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
hey newbie? don't make me laugh your still a noob yourself so don't call anyone else a noob.

now, Shas'O/Shas'el can take the two weapon and one support systems but they can also also select battlesuit wargear and may also take any weapons/support systems/wargear that are "Speacil issue"
Old 14 Jan 2011, 17:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i wasnt calling him a newbie i was saying hey (im a) Newbie here too.......whats the point in calling someone else a new when i barely know how to play?
OrangeSmurf321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2011, 17:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Didn't sound like that to me.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 22:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatshaper2 View Post
Didn't sound like that to me.
No your wrong it's quite obvious what he meant from the sentence if he was actually calling the other guy a noob then the sentence wouldn't make sense plus i didn't hear anyone calling for you to jump to their defense.

You need to relax a simple you shouldn't call people noobs would suffice no need for the whole don't make me laugh type stuff i think maybe an apology is in order.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 08:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
No your wrong it's quite obvious what he meant from the sentence if he was actually calling the other guy a noob then the sentence wouldn't make sense plus i didn't hear anyone calling for you to jump to their defense.

You need to relax a simple you shouldn't call people noobs would suffice no need for the whole don't make me laugh type stuff i think maybe an apology is in order.
Ok...I'm a bit lost in that...or maybe I didn't read it?...