Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is there a name for this?
Old 30 Dec 2010, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Is there a name for this?

Hi guys. I'm getting really hardcore back into tau, and I'm revisiting my favorite Monat loadout.

I know there are catchy names for certain loudouts, like fireknife and such, and I was wondering if there was any name or even any mention on the forums of this one:

Shas'vre
Airburst Frag Launcher
TL Flamer
Iridium Armor
HW Multitracker
Stimulant Injector (optional)

This guy is built for taking on the little gribblies, devastating the swarms while having the durability to weather tons low str attacks.
lastspartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 14:04   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, the name tends to be based on the weapon options, so in this case i think it would be known as a Thunderwave. Not 100% on that though.
HappyTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2010, 14:11   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Oh that is a cool name

Have you seen this layout on here before? Im curious what the community thinks of it.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 14:18   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well it will be good for the intended purpose. Although for more survival, i would take 2 shield drones aswell, as they get the 2+ save that their boss does. Dont forget that your mobility will be hampered by the Iridium Armour, so you wont be as fast around the table.

Also, as a Shas'vre, he wont be correcting the scatter much on the AFP, which is why it is often resserved for Shas'Els and O's. Consider having a Missile Pod instead to start putting out shots from further away.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 14:28   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

What do you mean correcting the shots?

I have been out of the game for a bit, has this been around since the start of 5th ed?
Old 30 Dec 2010, 14:30   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The AFP uses a Large Blast Template. These shots scatter away from there intended target. But you minus the BS from the overall distance. So a higher BS means more shots on Target.
Old 02 Jan 2011, 08:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hold on, twin-linked weps count as two weapons for a crisis suit. so you cant have the airbursting launcher.
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2011, 17:06   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hold on, Crisis suits have 3 Hardpoints, and TL Flamers take up 2 of them.

Where the problem? Iridium and Stims are Wargear and the Multitracker is Hardwired?

So that leaves one Hardpoint that must be filled. Hence AFP.

Arent you a Tau Player?
ShasHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2011, 21:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShasHell View Post
Hold on, Crisis suits have 3 Hardpoints, and TL Flamers take up 2 of them.

Where the problem? Iridium and Stims are Wargear and the Multitracker is Hardwired?

So that leaves one Hardpoint that must be filled. Hence AFP.

Arent you a Tau Player?
That last comment wasn't nessicary however you are correct you only need to take 3 hardpoints so you can take everything you see here I belive. the only rule on weapons is you can not carry three of the SAME weapons system. However you won't be able to fire all of them in the same turn which shouldn't be a problem with that build.

However IMO there is a lot of points you are spending for not that much mobility. Most of the time you are going to get swarmed and overran. especially if you get to having to need to use TL Flamers. If they are that close then they are too close for you to get away and will prob die in a turn or two. Especially with how nids just pump out guys beyond thier point value.
Old 03 Jan 2011, 03:31   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

He can fire all his weapons because of the Hard Wired Multi Tracker. It's all within the rules and I like the idea. I generally run all my Crisis suits with Missile Pods and then another weapon for my entire squad. Then I run my Shas'vre with Twin-linked Missile pods and the squad weapon plus a Hard Wired Multi Tracker instead of then have a Multi Tracker take up that hard point.

I think it's fairly effective. This guy will lack mobility in comparison to your other suits but I think if you roll you die well he could be very devastating or a dud. Either way I like the run. If you ever have a Battle Report I'd be very interested to hear how he does.
ECCLESSIARCHY: "Oh Noes! Teh Rebelz!"
SPACE MARINES: "Lol teh stupid fcukin' n00bz!"
GOVERNOR: "Nooo! Spess Mahrens pwnd meeee!"
*GOVERNOR is gib-fragged by SPACE MARINES.*
ECCLESSIARCHY: "U r teh new Governor now n00b! Pay teh tax or Marines pwn j00 2!"
NEW GOV: "Okay! Here teh monies! Plz don't spawn-raep!"
SPACE MARINES: "lol."
Anikei Ishkovnik is offline   Reply With Quote