Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Experimental Weapons Ideas
Old 28 Dec 2010, 22:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Experimental Weapons Ideas

Plasma Flamer - Flame Template S4 AP2 cost 30points

Melta Lance - Range 12 S8 AP1 cost 25 points

Plasma Barrage Missile Rack (Takes up 2 hardpoints) Range 36 S6 AP2 Heavy 3 Barrage Blast cost 40 points.

What do we think, should help spice up battlesuits alot against everything. Why should we have to suck against Meq/Teq?
HappyTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 04:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I can almost see this. It'll be more like the heavy flamer option for SM
Say what? no we have enough blow Vechicles up in rail guns really how much more do you need? Or if you want more put our melta's on crisis suits (Fusion blasters)
Plasma Barrage Missile Rack (Takes up 2 hardpoints) Range 36 S6 AP2 Heavy 3 Barrage Blast cost 40 points.
Seems way too over powered to actually be allowed.

What do we think, should help spice up battlesuits alot against everything. Why should we have to suck against Meq/Teq?
Don't really suck Vs Meq/Teq it's just our armies are so universalize that it's not hard for an opponent who knows our army to know what to target first. They guy I play against the most plays SM/CSM and before that he played Tau. He knows the weakness of Tau and exploits it very well. That and I'm still just learning :-P but still I've forced him into draws.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 11:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
An advanced flamer, I like the idea but flamers tend to be med str low AP weps, well thats traditional.

Quote:
Its a fusion blaster, but a fusion blaster is worth 12 points

Quote:
No way would the bosses of warhammer 40k allow this for tau but I like it
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 15:01   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Crap, forgot that bit, the Melta Lance has the Lance rule, hence the name. whoops.

Tau do struggle alot against Meq/Teq. Our plasma costs a fortune and can only be uses in limited numbers, and our AP3 is either :

Seekers - One Use only, need MLs to work
Ion heads - Lose a Railgun
Sniper Drones, Same story.

All of tau heavy firepower is in Heavy Support, most other armys spread it across the entire force org.

Imperial Guard/Space Marine/Chaos Space Marines - Lascannons in most units are an option, as are Multi Meltas. Razorback weapon options

Eldar - Bright lances on Guardian Weapon Platform. Firedragons, Waveserpent weapon options

Tau - Railgun - Heavy support.

Our crisis suits are not even able to carry a Multimelta. A SM can wander about with one, but our Battlesuit, twice the size of him, cant.

Why not have a "Razorback" equivilent. a Devilfish with an IonCannon and a cap of 6-8?

Anytime the tau get something good, someone else chimes in with "ok, now how can we give them a huge downside?" Why should we have a downside for every good side? Look at the Vendetta and tell me it's downside.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 15:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

We have to have downsides because we are the red headed step children not the favorite kid. lol
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 15:51   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I dont want a broken dex where everything goes our own way. i jst wnt the "Tau have to be gimped" mentallity gone. Like the Skyray. The Whirlwind only carries 4 missiles, and they dont ever run out. Why should we? The only ones that do run out are us, the Manticore and the Deathstrike, and those last two are just devestating. the seeker isnt that good comparitively, especially as you need to make 2 rolls to hit.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 18:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

see i always wanted to lower the cost of points of the weapons the crisis suits can take because those points add up quickly and since we have no choice but to take ALL three hard points and then some extras and the cost of drones are so expensive then lower points would be good, i wouldnt take the first two at all but the third one hell yes! even though it is pretty OP haha. and HappyTau brings up a good point, why cant our fire warriors take on heavy weapons like the fusion blaster or assault weapons like the burst cannon? seems pretty lame to me, but GW has always and always will have a bias toward specific races. why do you thing SM and every chapter keep getting updated over and over again?
Altec Laning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 18:16   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The last one i think would be better as an alternative to railguns on XV88s.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 18:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

okay that makes it more reasonable for GW to do, but since the range is only 36 inches do the xv88s get jetpacks? or at least be relentless since the range is so short and they dont have two railguns on their shoulders anymore?
Altec Laning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2010, 18:22   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The range will still reach far enough, and they dont need LoS as it's Barrage. Could make it 48" i suppose. of course exchanging railguns for it means it would only cost 10 points max.