Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Killing
Old 20 Dec 2010, 01:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Wink Ork Killing

Killing orks is fun! They run up on their bikes and get blasted away by countless plasma, railgun, etc. Also using submunition rounds you can blow hordes of orks to pieces!
Fickledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2010, 14:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes, quite true though generally speaking from my experience broadsides with railguns quickly become virtually useless against orks. Then again my local ork players are almost all massed mob players (commonly fielding 3-4 mobs of 30 orks each before adding in anything else). Burst cannons and mobility can be your friend.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2010, 17:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah for someone like me who fields zero hammerheads ever Orks can be a pain in the ass i rely heavily on my missile pods and maneuverability the performance of my kroot is often the difference between victory and defeat.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2010, 22:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Actually Orks are one of the few opponents I will pull out the hammer head for (pie plate time).
Old 25 Dec 2010, 03:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Actually BS aren't totally terrible. Use them to get them out of the vehicles and as support fire for other troops I mean if a squad of 3 broadsides 12 shots from a smart missile system isn't terrible. but I just wouldn't do an all broadside time like anti. I like to include at least one hammerhead
Old 26 Dec 2010, 14:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The ork player I normally play against fields all sorts of stuff: Boys, nobs, chopas, war trukks so I don't have have to worry much about a mob.
Greatshaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2010, 14:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The heatwave pattern crisis suit is your friend here add a missile pod on the 3rd for long range firepower and TL Flamers for up close work.

Also, a 6 man XV25 team armed with all BC and with a TA each is devestating against hordes of boyz.

The AFP is a good option aswell, a barrage Large Blast Flamer is always welcome.
HappyTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2010, 14:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah my primary local ork player (there is a another who fields orks when he does not feel like playing his marines) loves her mobs. Actually she was tickled she got three packs of grtechins for christmas so she will be fielding a mob of 30 bullet soakers. She wins matches that way though, gotta give her credit.
Old 28 Dec 2010, 14:36   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Certainly cant. In big mob situations like that, Big templates, flamers and massed 5/5 firepower really is the way to go.
HappyTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2010, 14:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Can't agrue, I've faced her and beat her twice (love the pouty face she gets when the bodies start stacking but the objectives are still mine). She rolls over the local marine and Eldar players most of the time but Tau range and fires have done her in both times.

Last edited by articulategrunt; 28 Dec 2010 at 14:51.