Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mission Report
Old 09 Dec 2010, 06:55   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Mission Report

Round 1

Squaring off against the Blood Angels for the first time, I was not eager to meet them in close combat. I was also surprised to discover how mobile they actually are. My set up reflects my caution. My Tau force is boxed in as a bating tactic

This picture is at the end of the Blood Angel movement phase(They got first turn.) In their blood thirst induced zeal they clearly rush towards my line.

End of round one.

One thing the Blood Angels forgot is simple. If the Tau are sitting still, it is because they are laying a trap. I scattered my forces and managed to destroy two squads. That Baal Predator is still quite alive however.

End of round three.

The Tau have managed to slay half of the Blood Angel force(Yet they still keep coming) while sustaining minimum casualties.

The Tau Battle Line however is quite threatened at this point and I admit I was starting to sweat. I sacrificed mobility for the ability to slay my enemy more effectively.

The Battle line has been broken. With Key units squaring off in an attempt to secure victory over the stubborn Blood Angels. Though their numbers may be reduced, the remaining squads are still a danger as they begin to engage my forces in me-lee combat

A different angle of the same placement. The Kroot...finally arriving to the battle. They were not in position to ambush the Rhino, thus securing victory.

End of Turn 4

The Blood Angels attempt to exact vengeance and have managed to slay many of the Tau. In response the Tau deploy their seeker missiles striking down four battle brothers(Including Commander Dante). The Two squads of battle suits managed to strike eight of the Blood Angels, with the Kroot managing to fall two of the Sanguinary guard, locking them in battle. The Devil Fish in the center of the battle field breaks formation(On orders from its Shas'O to meet the Blood Angels Guarding the supply dump on the other side of the map. The Tau Shas'O(Me) watches in horror as the Blood Angels fire their Melta guns into the white Hammerhead.

Turn Five

Tau Shas'O comes under direct assault with the sanguine guard failing a leader ship against the Kroot , but proves formidable in hand to hand combat, his Squad's battles suits prove an even match for the martial prowess of the combined Assalt Marines and the Sanguinary Guard. Dante of the Blood Angels follows the Devil Fish in an attempt to stop it from taking the ammo dump from his forces, with the Sanguinar dead, his leader ship proves to be an improvement.

The battle has become increasingly desperate for the Tau Expeditionary Force. The Shas'O has at this point single handedly holding off The Sanguinary Guard, and a survivor's squad of assault marines valiantly, but it has become clear he will be over whelmed. The cowardly Kroot Shaper shows some spine and orders his kroot to open fire on the assault marines who are preparing to join their brothers in finishing off the Shas'O, thus saving his commander. The Fire Warriors had their devil-fish destroyed by Sanguinary Priest's Melta-gun, but promptly gunned the heroic Marine down. Dante is suddenly killed in combat by a seeker missile, with the aid of the Tau Path Finders.

Through heavy losses, The Tau Manage to secure victory against the Blood Angels(I held two Points securely and My Devil Fish managed to contest the third point.
Iluvkroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2010, 07:01   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Me and my friends usually vote on the Game's MVP(Most Valuable Piece)

The winner was the Tau Shas'O. He alone managed to kill 7 space marines in assault(Three being Sanguine Guard)

The Second went to Commander Dante. He would have probably made MVP, had it not been for his untimely demise.
Old 09 Dec 2010, 16:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Good stuff i really like your coulour scheme assuming those devilfish are finished simple yet appealing.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2010, 17:48   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks. I still have to detail my vehicles up more, but the color scheme is not complete. I am keeping it simple as far as the Tau units go(Actual military units are not very flamboyant) I also put a black paint wash of streaks on one of the devil fish to give it a rugged battle worn look(My Piranhas have a similar scheme) So I am planning to do something similar to all of my Tau units.

My Kroot are much more flashy, in fact I am working on a second kindred today. They will be blue with white hair and yellow bellies(I will post pictures on that soon)
Old 09 Dec 2010, 18:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Please do i'm eager to see your finished army it's looking good so far.
Old 09 Dec 2010, 18:52   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Sure, actually I am about to post up another mission report. I will try to post up a picture of my new Kroot.
Old 09 Dec 2010, 19:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

look forward to it
Old 09 Dec 2010, 19:09   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Well, I have a game this afternoon, so I will take pictures and post that battle report up.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 15:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Very nice battle report, loved the turn-by-turn play with pics.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote